On iPhone 6 plus, cannot see trash can
DUCHESSOFNY

On my iPhone 6 Plus in Messages, when I try to delete one message, it only shows "Delete All" and no trash can shows.  I have to do a hard reboot to see trash can, why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On iPhone 6 plus, cannot see trash can
Loquat
Master - Level 1

When you press and hold on any message you should see the options for "Copy" and "More".  Tap more and should see little circles appear next to each message with a blue check mark when you tap a message. The message you press should already have a blue check mark next to it.  Along with that the trash can should be at the bottom.  If that's not happening then you've got something else going on...and maybe a restore is in order...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DUCHESSOFNY,

That's quite annoying! We'll help get your messages deleting correctly. Can you please walk us through the steps you're taking to delete the messages from start to finish? Are you using the Messages app that came preinstalled on the phone or one downloaded from the App Store?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

When you press and hold on any message you should see the options for "Copy" and "More".  Tap more and should see little circles appear next to each message with a blue check mark when you tap a message. The message you press should already have a blue check mark next to it.  Along with that the trash can should be at the bottom.  If that's not happening then you've got something else going on...and maybe a restore is in order...

0 Likes