Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm showing 1 bar on my iPhone 6 and others next to me are showing 5 bars

What could be wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Only 1 bar
Weth
Legend

Are they all Verizon phones? Are they all in LTE? You could be connected to different tower or, more likely, a different frequency band.   what happens if you put your phone in airplane mode for 1 minute and then reconnect to the network? 

0 Likes
ALWAYSJACK12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just tried this

No change

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Does the phone work? How is data speed, how is voice?   If it works, what is the worry.  In other locations does the signal strength improve? Like I said, if they are all Verizon phones they are likely attaching to a different frequency band (13) that could be overloaded and your phone is connecting to band 4 frequencies, which have lower strength but less overloaded.  I see this all the time with our iphones. 

0 Likes
ALWAYSJACK12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed it just now

Settings cellular turn off lte

Thanks for getting me there

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

But you really really really really do not want LTE off unless you could not make a call.  If the phone works, don't worry about 1 bar and keep LTE on.

IF your dropping calls, turn off LTE voice and data and keep it data only.  But don't turn off LTE completel. 

0 Likes
ALWAYSJACK12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both phones are IPhone 6, through Verizon.   I called the help desk at one point and they gave me another number to call and I called it and the phone jumped to 5 bars, and then right back to one or two.   I turn the LTE on, or off, and sometimes the change helps.   Right now I have 2 bars and the wireless icon showing.  and Cellular Data On.  And Enable LTE on with Voice and Data checked.   turning airplane mode off and then on does not change it.   still 2 bars. Jack Marks

To: JOHN MARKS <alwaysjack12@yahoo.com>

Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2016 12:33 PM

Subject: - Only 1 bar

#yiv5267459685 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

Only 1 bar

created by Weth in Apple - View the full discussionAre they all Verizon phones? Are they all in LTE? You could be connected to different tower or, more likely, a different frequency band.   what happens if you put your phone in airplane mode for 1 minute and then reconnect to the network?  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in Apple by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
darthmojo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do a full restore through iTunes on the device you are showing only 1 bar on. May the Force be with you.

0 Likes