Only phone icon when pressed freezes phone
Dballato
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iphone 5c only freezes in and when i press the preinstalled phone thimbnail/icon. I cant access contacts, voicemails, or call log. I have rebooted every way besides toral reset. Does anyone know what to do or how to fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Only phone icon when pressed freezes phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Dballato!

Let's thaw your phone, I apolgoize for the inconvenience! Your efforts are greatly appreciated.  When did the issue begin? Has your phone been exposed to any physical/water damage?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dballato
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its been approx 1 week so far and no the phone has not been in on or near any liquids.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deballato,

Yikes, that's a week too long to be experiecing issues with your device. We want you to be problem free with your phone. Did you notice this happened after installing an update? Or after installing a new application?

KarenC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dballato
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not perform any updates not did my phone automatically.

I did install the latest ios update after this problem started to see if it helped, but there was no change.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dballato,

This is never something we want to see happen & you’ve come to the right place for assistance. We have our tool belt on for you & appreciate you troubleshooting this with us so far. Let’s move forward. Please go to Settings –> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings. With doing this kind of reset, it will erase your wifi setting (you can re-add after the reset), but it will not erase anything else on the phone. Please keep us updated on the progress.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes
Dballato
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately that idea did not fix the issue either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are still here with you and won't rest until we get this resolved. Is your phone backed up to the iCloud? Have you tried to do a reset through iTunes just yet? If not please use this link to restore your phone: apple.co/1GtfK1A
NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes