Re: Ordered 2 iphone 6s at 12:01am and got a confirmation email. When I check status online it says: Expected ship date 10/7. What?!?!
mcjake333
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:  The site now matches my email with a date of 9/19.

There is a "deliver by" and "shipped by" difference in the two, so who knows. 

0 Likes
Re: Ordered 2 iphone 6s at 12:01am and got a confirmation email. When I check status online it says: Expected ship date 10/7. What?!?!
clarinetdiva
Enthusiast - Level 2

So is it the email or the MyVerizon status? Verizon reps are even giving conflicting information in this thread along!

My email states this:

Order Location: 1456901
Order Date: 09/12/2014
Deliver By: 10/07/2014

If I put my Preorder Confirmation in the order status on MyVerison, it states this:

Order Status

Here is the status of your Pre-Order:

We received your order and it is in process.

Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time.

This is NOT acceptable! I would like to know which it is, I'm already upset because I was up at 2:50 am and because of the ECDP or whatever it was error message I didn't get the deliver by date of 9/19 that was on my order the first 2 times I attempted to place it. I would have been better off getting enough sleep last night and trying to get my phone in the store next Friday! This is crazy!

0 Likes
PreOrderFail

Same thing happened to me. I preordered the iPhone 6 Plus the the Verizon Wireless web site within minutes of it going on sale. The screen displayed an expected delivery date of September 19th. I printed out the screen as I placed the order. The print out shows "Deliver By 9/19/2014.

I placed the order because it indicated release date delivery. I could have purchased it thru Apple if Verizon indicated that it would be a later day.

5 hours later I receive an email confirmation from Verizon Wireless. And they changed the delivery date to 10/7 - 18 days later.

This is outright dishonest. Verizon takes the orders promising a quick delivery only to change the date when it is too late to get it elsewhere.

I called Verizon and got nowhere. I spoke to a supervisor who told me that it was a preorder, and that they are just estimates. She then told me that it was disclosed as just an estimate in the email I received from Verizon before I placed the order. I was quite surprised. According to the supervisor - Verizon send me an email that said that the delivery date was just an estimate BEFORE I placed the order. I was amazed that Verizon emailed me before I placed an order about the delivery date of my order.

Not once did Verizon even acknowledge that they did anything wrong. I have a printout order confirmation that states 9/19 delivery.

The supervisor then offered to upgrade my shipping to free next day air shipping. But the Verizon Wireless web site says "FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING" when ordering devices on line. So she offered me nothing.

Why would anyone buy from Verizon vs just getting it from Apple? Anyone who has dealt with both Apple and Verizon knows that Verizon service is horrible. I should have known better.

I have pre-ordered from Apple before, and the date is always accurate.

0 Likes
ebaydan777
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i had the same exact issue as OP, my order went thru at 12:10am PST. It also confirmed 9/19 as well as the email I received around 1:20am.

An hour later I check order status online and it says 10/07/14, confused??

I go to sleep and decide to call VZW this morning. After a decently long hold an agent got on the line looked up the order on my phone number and conveniently confirmed the 9/19/14 delivery date. I asked him 5 times, and he said yup your iphone went through fine, a lot of people have called about the same issues and it's just a problem within the system.

Do not listen to the VZW reps in these threads, I strongly believe they have no idea what they're talking about. If you really want to know call 6-1-1 and take the 20-30 minute hold to find your true delivery date!

0 Likes
Mimi80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered my iphone 6 plus 64gb at 3:00 am and at that time I noticed the 16gb had a delivery date of 10/14.  The 64gb had a delivery date of 9/19.  I was planning on pre-ordering the 64gb anyway but was surprised that the 16gb showed as "out of stock" so to speak when the pre-order just went live.  Nonetheless, I placed my order and my order confirmation stated delivery by 9/19 and my email confirmation also stated the same.  When I called Verizon earlier today for a seperate issue he informed me that he saw a delivery date of 10/14 on his end but I told him that both my confirmations said 9/19.  He told me that as long as my email confirmation said 9/19 that that was when I would receive it.  If I recall correctly this same thing happened two years ago when I pre-ordered the iphone 5.  Everyone was getting conflicting delivery dates but it all got worked out at least a few days before when they shipped the phone.

0 Likes
mcjake333
Enthusiast - Level 3

Open letter to Verizon reps:

The frustration that you are seeing is not so much about the system delays, as that is to be expected.  The frustration is about the following:

- it is about asking the same question to 4 different reps and literally getting 4 DIFFERENT answers.Crazy!

- It is saying that this "date dependency" issue is going to be resolved, when this exact same issue happened back on the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s and it still not being fixed

- It is about the second point above being so easy to fix (I have a development and integration background) and it not being fixed; STILL.

- It is about the reps on this forum responding with complete B..S.. "form" responses or starting off with some ridiculously cheesy and condescending statement like "We understand you are delighted to get this iPhone, we would be too....BUT now it is time to "bend over" and take the bad news...."

I think most people here would agree...

We want straightforward answers without the B..S.. If it is going to ship late, tell us why and if needed apologize and move on.  If there is a general question, all reps should confirm the CORRECT answer and be uniform on their responses and not make up something entirely. Something to think about, Verizon.

Regards.

iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

I get the same message tracking my grey 128gb 6 plus online. But when I track my wifes 6 online is says delivery by 9.19

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

It would have been nice to know in Apple's keynote that the 6 plus would be in short supply for pre order and launch date and if that is in fact the case Verizon should have posted or let it's customers know the 6 plus will be in very short supply for pre orders.

Not sell more phones they clearly don't have or can keep up with and misleading everyone with estimated deliver dates on launch day, just be honest with us your loyal customers sending you good money every month for over priced data.

Miller0126

You guys that got the order are lucky. I had it in my cart and the little annoying checkout box kept popping back up and of course after an hour and a half of trying to get the damn order submitted my whole thing is gone. I was told today on the phone I could do it online or call, yep did both and got nothing after 1 hour and 36 minutes. So glad I waste my time and make sure i order at the right time to get nothing. Total BS

0 Likes
steve225
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone figure out how to order the phone at the discounted price with the 2 year contract? I was told I'm grandfathered in for the upgrade discounts, but I don't see an option to get the discount online.

0 Likes