Our signal at home has gotten really weak recently
ALYORY21

We have always had great coverage within our house which is why we switched to Verizon from AT&T several years ago.  About a month ago we started noticing a lot of dropped calls and poor connections when using our iPhone 6 within the house.  What would have changed and what can we do about it to make it better? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Our signal at home has gotten really weak recently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to enjoy your VZW experience and I'm here to help. What is your current zip code? How is your data/text service? Do you experience the issue outdoors?

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALYORY21

Our zip code is 37212.  It is better outdoors than inside.  I have not noticed text/data issues.  It seems to be primarily calls. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get this figured out, ALYORY21. I've checked the zip code and see no reported outages at this time. What kind of signal are you getting in the house? Is this happening everywhere or at a specific location? Do you have WiFi at home? If so, you can turn on WiFi Calling on the iPhone 6 and this will help with the call quality while indoor. Click here http://vz.to/2l1Ie1s to learn how to turn on WiFi Calling.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALYORY21

I used to get great phone signal in the house until about a month ago.  I now have 1 bar and calls have a lot of static and get dropped frequently.  Everywhere inside the house is unreliable.  We do have WiFi and I have now turned on the WiFi calling but I’d still like to get to the bottom of the problem.

Alyce [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Install OpenSignal from iTunes. From inside the house, run the program and record the signal strength in dBM and (use the cell window) and the uplink and downlink speeds. Do this outside as well. Now repeat the same experiment in the morning, noon, early evening, and as late in the evening as possible.

Report your results to Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern wanting to get down to the bottom of this, Alyory21. Many things may impact coverage indoors. You can check on those factors here http://vz.to/2trsZ3g. I am glad to know that you have activated and use WIFI Calling. Has anything changed within your home or on the devices within the past month?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes