Overheating message on iPhone 5S
KHWeber

What causes this (I'm in snow country at @ 36 degrees and no sun).  What can I do to fix & avoid?  I had my phone plugged in charging.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Overheating message on iPhone 5S
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Any chance it got any liquid damage? Melting snow entering the ports or anything? Normally the message appears when the device internal temp gets too high and will go back to normal when it cools off. Only time I've ever had it happen was during the summer at a high school football game when the temp was above 100 degrees. Happened when attempting to use the camera. Placed the phone in my bag out of the sunlight and it was fine after it cooled off. If you're still under warranty and feel like it's not operating correctly you should contact Apple or go to an Apple Store if available so they can check the device.

0 Likes
Re: Overheating message on iPhone 5S
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have chilly winters here in Chicago too KHWeber. Making sure your device stays healthy and working is important. So we can figure out what's causing this I have a few more questions. What were you doing prior to the error? When did this first start? Has anything changed recently?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes