People can't hear me, but I can hear them
Carolynf1

Hello! I'm encountering an issue where I can hear people while talking on the phone, but they either hear nothing or my voice is very quiet. I've tried making calls in my home and outside of my home in areas that I've successfully made calls in the past, so it's not just bad reception.  I made voice memos and videos of me talking, and they sounded fine, so the microphone is working in that sense. I'm stumped - any ideas as to what the issue is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: People can't hear me, but I can hear them
Yomill33

I seem to be having the same issue.

Iphone 6s 64Gb Muffled Microphone

Others sound crystal clear on my phone but I sound very muffled to the other end. It is much better on speakerphone (different mic).

What is odd though, is that when using a different app (Cisco Jabber, Facebook Messenger) to make calls I sound super clear and all is well.

I've tried everything. Restoring, HD calling enable/disable, multiple power cycles, vacuumed ports, different placement, different cases. Not sure what is going on.

If you end up with a solution, please reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yomill33,

That would certainly concern me too! Being understood on calls is crucial and you should always be able to count on your device. When did this start? Can you think of any changes around the time it started?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Yomill33

For me the issue has been ongoing since I got my 6s a month or so ago. My 4s was good.

I have tried...

-case on or case off, doesnt matter

-backed up phone and wiped it clean, no change

-restored from that backup, no change.

-turned off noise cancelling, no change

-multiple hard reboots, no change

-tried holding the phone a few different ways, different ears, no change.

-voice recordings sound OK to me, but not fantastic

-turned off HD calling (enabled when first got 6s), then re-enabled it, no change

-calls using the speakerphone are good.

-calls using 3rd party apps (non speakerphone) sound clear.

I thought for sure the phone was defective until I tried the 3rd party apps. They use the same Microphone and they sound good.

Any further ideas?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you contacted Apple Support since your device is under warranty? Or if you have an Apple Store in your area visit the Genuis Bar (scheduling an appt may be the best way to avoid long waits).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yomill33, we appreciate your patience and cooperation while we troubleshoot this matter. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to that phone? Some applications can affect the performance of it. Try running that device in safe mode to determine if an application is causing the issue. Click the link below for the steps on how to place it in safe mode:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152233/

LasVZWHaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes