Personal Hotspot speed very, very slow
HappyFella
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been experiencing about 0.68 Mbps download speed on my Personal Hotspot for over a week.  I am on the Unlimited Data Plan with an Apple iPhone 6.  I have only used 1.66 GB of Hotspot data.  I connect via USB (with WiFi and Bluetooth off).  I have reset the network settings.  No improvement.  Please help.

Labels (1)
Re: Personal Hotspot speed very, very slow
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the Go Unlimited Plan or the Beyond Unlimited Plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

HappyFella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go Unlimited

0 Likes
HappyFella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently switched to Go Unlimited from 4GB Plan, which had fine download speeds.  I'm in sip 92627.  Thanks for your expertise.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The hotspot data speed is restricted to 600 kbps maximum on the Go Unlimited Plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HappyFella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Ann. However, my understanding is the restriction only applies once one has exceeded 10GB in hotspot data.  I have about 2GB in hotspot data used so far.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HappyFella,

Ann154 is 100% correct. Hotspot on the Go Unlimited plan will always cap out at 600Kbps. For the Beyond Unlimited plan, the data is limited to 600Kbps only after 15GB of data has been used. You can review the FAQ for the Go Unlimited program here: http://vz.to/2vDMR8I

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBYNSMAMA
Enthusiast - Level 1

My month just renewed and my speeds on the "Unlimited Plan" are SO slow it keeps going off every few minutes!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not what we like to hear! May we ask if you tried restarting the device? KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JMCCCCMJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the same boat, this hotspot is so slow, used 7.7 GB out of 15 but for some reason my speeds are holding around 600kb. I feel im being cheated since I pay over $300 a month to Verizon. I expect my hotspot to work as advertised or my bill should be pro rated. I have done all the trouble shooting nothing increases my speeds and I have good signal. This is just about the last straw, Verizon needs to fix this or they will lose another customer. I jumped on the boat the day they offered "unlimited" at that point everything worked fast, then they went to go unlimited or beyond unlimited and I got beyond unlimited for the original unlimited price and all was good but since the first of the year my speeds have been garbage.