Re: Personal Hotspot speed very, very slow
2young2retire
Enthusiast - Level 2

The plan I had was the XL data plan, 12GB, with and additional 4GB bonus for a total of 16GB.  This plan was cheaper than the plan I have now and I would not have considered changing but I Verizon recommended I change to the unlimited plan for about and additional $5.00 more per month.  It sounded good but I did not realize that the hotspot function would for be useless.  Wife could not even look at her facebook account on the hotspot. We travel a lot so the hotspot is a very nice function.

Moving forward I cannot foresee the exact amount of data I will use per month.  Some months I use very little and some months I would bump up against the 16GB maximum.  It depends on how much I travel during a month.

A copy of an old bill is attached.

Seems I forgot to heed the old saying "if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is".

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon

2young2retire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update on information supplied below please.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure you have a plan that meets all your needs in the best way, 2young2retire. In order to do this, we’ll need to access some non-public information. I’ve sent a direct message to your community inbox and look forward to your reply.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deez126
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there a better plan out there or does Verizon have a better plan that features unlimited hotspot at 4G speeds? 600kbps is way too slow I’m sorry I agreed to change to this unlimited but limited plan. I use to pay $170 a $180 fully unlimited Verizon. I guess I get what Im paying for with my CHEAP A$$

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that all of your questions are answered. Do you have an idea of how much data you are using each month?

Nichole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deez126
Enthusiast - Level 3

??? Ahh data Shmata.. THIS STUFF SHOULD BE FREE!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Deez126
Enthusiast - Level 3

UNLIMITED!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you willing to pay the additional bandwidth needed?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's no attachment to your message on the Verizon Wireless Community forum. In any case, I hope you had removed your personal information before you attempted to send it to the forum thread.

To post images to the thread, you need to sign into the community forum directly and navigate to the discussion thread and use the text reply editor to add the image.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Deez126
Enthusiast - Level 3

What would I be paying for ? UNLIMITED! Again... ?

0 Likes