Re: Personal Hotspot speed very, very slow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how having fast data speeds at all time is a necessity, and we want to make sure that you are on the best plan for your needs, which is why we want to clarify on how much data is being used to make sure you are on the best option. What is the main use for the hotspot on your device?

Alfredo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deez126
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use it with my laptop I use it for gaming and I’ve been downloading updates for days now the connection times out the it starts over again it takes days and hours for downloads that are about 900Mb to 1gig which is not so productive

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Deez126
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Deez126 wrote:

I use it with my laptop I use it for gaming and I’ve been downloading updates for days now the connection times out the it starts over again it takes days and hours for downloads that are about 900Mb to 1gig which is not so productive

Sent from my iPhone

Gaming? The Go Unlimited Plan is a poor choice of plan for that kind of usage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Deez126
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems correct to me. I’m hating that Apple gave the PROVIDERS/Carriers a taste of that fruit..(a way of controlling hotspot). We buy these $900 smart phones because it has a certain capability (sharing its network/WiFi) only for it to be Controlled and taxed by the Carriers now it’s getting capped, it interferes with their revenue.  Mobile Market Streaming etc. NOT SURE but In the 90s the found a way to link computers to share a LAN and they Tried to cap it to 4 computers resulted in court cases. T-Mobile came out with hotspot services. Apple made a phone. Its like buying a car and paying the seller a fee to use it. Did you get the updated CARRIER SETTINGS they WERE/ARE FORCED you don’t have to click update... WISH I NEW HOW TO HARNESS THAT infinite BLUE LIGHT. Ahh just shop around Cell Phone Plans | Family Plans | Compare Cell Phone Plans | T-Mobile

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deez126, we understand your need for speed. When on the Go Unlimited plan the mobile hotspot feature is at 600 kbps. If on the Beyond Unlimited Plan after 15 GB and the Above Unlimited Plan after 20 GB of mobile hotspot usage the speeds will reduce to 600 kpbs. We do not have an option to increase those speeds when on these plans. You have the option to move to a tiered data plan and utilize the mobile hotspot feature with the same consistent 4G speeds. You can view the plans here http://spr.ly/6584Dvxrj

Tionna_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deez126
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I’ll Have to do something I just used 15 gig allowance the same day I got it now it’s back to slow motion timeouts etc. UPDATING BUMMERS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is for you to enjoy your Hotspot service and we want to provide the best options to make it happen. Good news is that we offer the Above Unlimited Plan. This plan will give you 20GB of 4GLTE Hotspot service and 75GB of 4GLTE data. You can learn more about the Above Unlimited Plan by using the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ .

Victor_VZW

0 Likes
Dajoo

I am having a same problem. I noticed that this was never an issue until net neutrality kicked in. Perhaps Verizon is intentionally slowing down for the public just like they did for the firefighter association. I have been a Verizon customer for over 15 years and now I am considering switching as I can barely use my computer during my travels.

0 Likes
Deez126
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizons HOTSPOT is Garbo    after you’ve reached the LIMIT of unlimited you’ve purchased. This is their way of telling us to look into FIOS internet WiFi & phone which IS good but $$$ whew. If you’re getting Garbo service before your unlimited high speed LIMIT It maybe a glitch they will prorate reimburse or discount your bill. S___ happens.

- Sweet N Salty