Phone upgrade
mjmo50

Upgraded to Iphone 13. Verizon texting me that the Find my phone feature was still turned on the old phone i traded in. It was reset to factory and disabled when sent to them. I logged into the cloud and saw my old phone so i removed it from the account. Just received the same text again.  What am I missing?

0 Likes
Re: Phone upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mjmo50. We can certainly understand your concern with receiving notifications about your old Find My iPhone not being turned off. Have no fear, we’re here to help. With this feature, as long as you remotely turned it off, then you will not incur any additional charges or have your device returned to you. Here is a link: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2702?locale=en_US with more information. Please check under the “Remove an iOS device, Apple Watch, or Mac you no longer have.” I know you mentioned that you turned it off in your app, this step should be done in your old phone and not your new one. This is why we suggest this alternative method to ensure it’s turned off. Can you check this link out and let us know the outcome. 

-Tanisha

0 Likes
mjmo50

Thanks, it’s removed from the cloud so I’ll see what happens in the next few days

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is our pleasure, mjmo50. With this feature, as long as you remotely turned it off, then you will not incur any additional charges or have your device returned to you. We appreciate your time today, and hope you have a great week! 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes