Phone won't ring
11bRN

My wife's 6s+ missed calls. We have checked all the strings, everything seems to be ok. I tried calling her, and straight to vm. She had moussed calls.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone won't ring
koolmexdude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Make sure that the ringer/silent tab is on, on the up position (without red showing). It's a physical tab on the upper left side of the phone.

But more likely your wife's phone is on "Do not disturb" or "Airplane" mode.

To change this, swipe (a quick swipe) from the very bottom of your phone's screen up (in a quick upwards motion). This will open the "Control Center." Uncheck the airplane icon and the moon icon if any of them are on (if they're "on" they will be lit. You want them off). Keep in mind that this will only work if you have the "Control Center" enabled.

Alternately (and specially if your "Control Center" is disabled), you can do all this trough the "Settings" app. To do this. open the "Settings" app;at the very top of the screen make sure that "Airplane Mode" switch is "off" (not green). If it's green, tap it and it will switch to "off". Now scroll down to "Do Not Disturb," tap it; make sure that "Manual" is off, "Scheduled" is off, "Allow Calls From" is set to "Favorites" "Repeated Calls" is on and "Silence" has a check mark on "Only while iPhone is locked" (if it doesn't, tap it and a check mark will appear). Now you're done. These are the default settings for the "Do Not Disturb" section through "Settings." Of course, you can change any of those features if you like, but i recommend that you do not do it until you have learned plenty about your iPhone's functions.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that your wife gets your calls 11bRN. How long has this been going on for? Is she able to get calls from other people? What is your zip code?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
koolmexdude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Make sure that the ringer/silent tab is on, on the up position (without red showing). It's a physical tab on the upper left side of the phone.

But more likely your wife's phone is on "Do not disturb" or "Airplane" mode.

To change this, swipe (a quick swipe) from the very bottom of your phone's screen up (in a quick upwards motion). This will open the "Control Center." Uncheck the airplane icon and the moon icon if any of them are on (if they're "on" they will be lit. You want them off). Keep in mind that this will only work if you have the "Control Center" enabled.

Alternately (and specially if your "Control Center" is disabled), you can do all this trough the "Settings" app. To do this. open the "Settings" app;at the very top of the screen make sure that "Airplane Mode" switch is "off" (not green). If it's green, tap it and it will switch to "off". Now scroll down to "Do Not Disturb," tap it; make sure that "Manual" is off, "Scheduled" is off, "Allow Calls From" is set to "Favorites" "Repeated Calls" is on and "Silence" has a check mark on "Only while iPhone is locked" (if it doesn't, tap it and a check mark will appear). Now you're done. These are the default settings for the "Do Not Disturb" section through "Settings." Of course, you can change any of those features if you like, but i recommend that you do not do it until you have learned plenty about your iPhone's functions.

0 Likes
SAMUI222

Flip the switch by the volume back on

0 Likes