Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,400 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Pics i take on my phone also goes to my other phone. How do i stop that from happening ? Thanks , Ed
Edzt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi , Pics i take on my i phone also goes to my other i phone. How do i stop this ? Thanks , Ed

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pics i take on my phone also goes to my other phone. How do i stop that from happening ? Thanks , Ed
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sharing the same Apple ID?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Pics i take on my phone also goes to my other phone. How do i stop that from happening ? Thanks , Ed
Edzt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ann , I have 2  different Apple ID . I bought another i phone but kept the original one and went to Verizon for them to help me with transferring all info to new phone. Later on i found out that any pic i take goes to old phone as well , but emails do not. Thanks , Ed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Edzt,

We can relate to only needing your pics on one device. Help is here. I'm confident this will do the trick, but what happens when you turn off Photo Stream on your old device?

Settings; Tap on your name, Photos; Upload to Photo Stream

Just in case: http://vz.to/2suAdYc

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Edzt

Your Apple ID is the account that you use for everything you do with Apple, like buy an app, shop the iTunes Store, and syncing your device to iCloud. Your old device will still sync photos to iCloud when it's connected to Wi-Fi. As a result, it appears that photos are being uploaded on both phones that are associated with the same Apple ID.

You mentioned that you brought both devices to the store for assistance with transferring your media from the old phone to the new phone. Let's verify if you're using the same Apple ID in both devices by tapping Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store. Is the same Apple ID reflected in both devices? 

For more Apple ID support, click the link below: 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201354 

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Edzt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi , Photo stream is turned off and still sends pics from new phone to old phone too. Thanks

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Photo Stream will only sync and update pics from the most current 30 day period, but if the ‘iCloud Photo Library’ function is turned on under ‘Settings—>Photos’ it will sync all of them to your devices

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Edzt,

Thanks for the update on that so far. Have you been able to check if both phones are still using the same AppleID? Your photos saved in the new phone would be tied to the ID that is in that same device, so if you're still using the same ID on the old phone you're going to see duplicate activity like that.

RussellM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes