Please help bridge data and battery issues
Ejkragen

I have two questions. When I went to switch to verizon prepaid from sprint in december(i think) I told the guy at the store that i wanted an iphone 5s he went to the back and came back and started activating the phone but i noticed it was the 5( a used one)and not the 5s and i tols him this but he said it would cost a restocking fee and i wasnt going to pay that well a month later i noticed the battery wasnt lasting as long and now the battery wont last an hour. I know the battery is shot i let it sit without touching it fully charge at 100% and it still dies within an hour and it keeps connecting and disconnecting(not physically but it will charge then stop and go back to charging) and the charger works fine on my ipad so its not the charger. since the phone is used is there any kind of warranty for it? Also i can use plan data but the past 3 months i have not been able to use any bridge data even though i paid for it and its sitting in my account pending. I called support mulitple times with no luck and one lady tried telling me i never paid for the pending data amd kept insisting on taken money out of my account to pay for it again when the only way to add bridge data is if you pay for it first can you please help me with that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Please help bridge data and battery issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing your device concern to our attention Ejkragen. Let's partner together so we can get these issues resolved once and for all. First, may I ask what's the location of the Verizon store that you purchased the iPhone 5 from? We want to ensure that you have the best retail experience with us. If you know the name of the rep then that would be a huge help as well.

When purchasing a device from us, they come with a 12-month warranty. May I ask is there any physical/liquid damage on the iPhone 5? Also, just to confirm since you stated that the device may be used, are you using the original manufacturer's charger that came with it? If you are within 14 days pf purchasing the iPhone 5 then you can have it exchanged at the store it was purchased from for another iPhone 5, if that's what you want, at no cost.

As far as bridge data, I'm a little confused as to what you mean? Are you wanting to us the mobile hotspot on your iPhone 5 to connect other devices to the internet? If you can elaborate on this then we can look into this together.

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP indicated they have a prepaid plan. Bridge data is available for prepaid plans. I don't understand how it works since I don't have any prepaid accounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You shouldn't have bought a suspected used phone, but I don't know that you can do much about that now.  You do have a warranty with the phone, but whether it is 1 year or less, I can't say and it might depend on whether the phone was used or new.

The reason you cannot use add-on (bridge data) is because you must first exhaust your plan data before the add-on takes effect. If you have 1GB of plan data and buy 1GB extra for $10 it is good for 90 days, but each month you must use that initial 1GB first, before the balance of the bridge is used. Yes, it does roll over, depending on the amount you bought/paid be it 30-90 days, and any unused add-on data expires at the end of that period.

0 Likes
Ejkragen

It was bought at the pottstown store on shoemaker. when he came from the back after I told him I wanted the 5s he just activated the used 5 without telling me it wasnt what i wanted. There was no obvious damage on it but I did notice something was moving around on the inside, at the time I thought it was a normal thing. With the bridge data i have used the plan data and it still won't switch to the bridge data.

0 Likes
Ejkragen

on shoemaker road*

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info Ejkragen. Also, special thanks to the community members for assisting in this unique situation. May I ask what date did you buy the iPhone 5? If you are within the 14 day return window then I would suggest exchanging/refunding the device for a working one or for the device of your choice, assuming that you still want the iPhone 5s. In order to have the store location investigated, we would need the full address. I will be sending you a private message to get the details.

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ejkragen

Thank you for you're help i'll just have to end up buying a new phone it seems but my biggest issue is getting the data to work. Im a volunteer firefighter and we get our dispatches through active911 which you need the data for and we cover a three county area so I need data for apple maps so I know where im going so getting my data to work is my top priority

0 Likes
Mrleghorn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been having the same issue with adding bridge data and the phone calls to CS is BS. Been reading on the forums that I'm not the only one that's had this issue. Seems to me that this is a big problem at Verizon and not one solved posted in forums.Another thing not a single rep knows anything about prepaid more Bs telling us to call CS. which only leads to more BS. OK can anybody say class action. Because I've still can't add bridge data to active.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Apple had a recall on iPhone 5 batteries. You can check the website to make sure your device falls under the recall and if so Apple will replace the battery for free. I just received my $81 refund for an iPhone 5 I had replaced the battery in myself (no longer own it but was able to get the refund because I could provide the receipt for replacement). You can check your iPhone serial number at this link to see if yours qualifies. https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

0 Likes