Poor Customer Service
pov2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had bad customer service on 8/5/2015 and many of my friends are saying the same thing in this service center (399 Bald Hill Rd, Warwick, RI).  Here is the short story:

I had been with verizon for well over 20 yrs and I have small phone charge issue on this day.  When I first entered into the center and a lady greeting me by registered my name and said, I am the next in line to be service, but wrong.  I waited for 1 hrs and 30 minutes with 2 complains and finally get to see a service representative for a very minor service that took less than 5 minutes to solve. 

After I registered and went on to sit on one of their benches, waiting, waiting, and saw 4 customers came in after me and they were serviced and taken care off.  At the same time, 5 verizon technicians or reprs were talking to each other the whole 30 to 40 minutes and no one care that I am waiting.  I kept my cool and just watch.  Then another few customers came by and were served.  Now I've been waiting for 50 minutes, and now I'm frustrated.  The lady who greeted me at the  beginining went to the bathroom and she asked two reprs to take her place at the door greeting people.  I went to them and say I have been waiting for over 50 minutes and have not been served.  I asked them "How do you servicing people?" Your repres Serve whoever they like?  The two reprs told me that someone has removed my name from the list.   I told them plainly that they should go back the old way of taking a number.  By then they assure me that I will be next?  Now I am confident that I will be next. Wrong again. I went back to sit down at the same bench.  Again, I saw at least 4 more customers came by and they were served shortly after registered.  I then waiting another 30 more minutes and didn't get serve.  Now the initial lady came back to the door and greeting people as usual.  I took my frustration to her that I've been waiting for well over an hour and have not been served.  Then and only then, she asked a repr to look at my phone and it's only take 5 minutes to solve that the phone charge is not working. He then order a replacement for me... The phone arrived.  Nothing on the phone, just plain phone arrived without a charge, battery, sim card, but it's ok.  I can use my old stuff.

This is not right and this center needs better service by taking a number so this way, they cannot miss anyone, more like DMV style. This center reprs should not be talking to themselves especially when they clearly see that I've been waiting on the bench, and they just igoned it. 

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service
Weth
Legend

You should have been kept informed, but one possible explanation is most stores have reservations you can arrange ahead of time online by time. The reservations will get priority. I don't know if that is what happened of course.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pov2014, thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback on our forum site. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our sincerest apologies go out to you due to this situation as every interaction with us should be a stellar experience. What we will do is submit your post to the store’s district manager to ensure that things are handled appropriately.

With regard to replacement phones, we should have explained in detail that only the phones comes. As you are supposed to use the pieces that did not ship with the phone from your old phone.  This is in all warranty cases. I just wanted to make sure we clarified that for you. Thanks again for your patience, time and being the best part of Verizon Wireless.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pov2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weth,

It is Highly Unlikely because the minute I walked into the store, I was told i'm next.  I saw at least 10 people came by and were served.  I complained and was told to be next again, yet still waiting more than 30 minutes. 

0 Likes
pov2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

This VZ service center do need a number system like the DMV, when your number is called, you can't be missed.  I hope they do or I would call it, prejudice tactic in VZ .

0 Likes