Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poor coverage issues
Dixieemily

Hi,

I am interested in contacting a Verizon network engineer who works in my area.  We spend 1/3 of our time in a rural Alabama location.  We switched to Verizon from T-Mobile 5 years ago because Verizon had the best coverage.  Coverage was not awesome, but doable.  Over the past 18 months or so, our coverage has gotten noticeably worse.  Neighboring landowners confirm the same experience.  Data is almost unusable at times, and calls often drop or are difficult to understand.  Even texts can be hard to get through. This extends into a safety issue as well.

ATT used to have no coverage whatsoever there but has recently launched some LTE towers so ATT users get great service now.  Data nearly as fast in this rural location (even indoors) as in our urban home on Verizon or wifi.

I would like to know what has changed in our area to degrade the coverage.  I also want to know locations of nearby towers.  ATT has provided me this information slready.   The online map pretty accurately reflects our experiences.  We have many pockets of 1x.  But this was not always the case.

Our service is awful in the winter now and I hate to think what it will be like in summer with leaves back on trees in our heavily wooded area.  Terrain relatively flat.  We don't want to switch but if nothing can be done to improve service or if we have lost a tower or sonething, we will have to.

Thanks,

Emily

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage issues
kaebfly
Leader

You may do better contacting VZW directly to voice your concerns (and ask if there are any documented issues in the area). You may not get the answers you are looking for but this call should prompt them to open a ticket to check in to coverage issues in your area.

0 Likes