Promo Correction
Jim514

On December 5, 2021 we ordered (online) three iPhone 13s and one iPhone 13 Pro, each with a $650 trade-in credit. (Trading in 3 Iphone XR’s and an IPhone 11). A week later I noticed all four lines were eligible for a $800 trade-in credit. On December 13 at 4:09 PM I called Verizon and spoke with Mary, very helpful, who told me Verizon has a promo correction plan that could be applied within 14 days of purchase/order where they can do an $800 credit for each line/device. She indicated that she will remark this on our account and after the phones are received to call and have that credit changed from $650-$800 Per device.

On December 18, 2021 at 5:23 PM I called Verizon to follow up and spoke with “Rashika” Who told me Trade in credit cannot be adjusted until the phones are received and inspected and to call back at that time.

On December 30, 2021 at 3:10 PM I called Verizon about the promo correction and spoke with Jamie, she reported that she will do a promo correction for me and the credits will be seen on next month’s bill. Jamie stated that her information shows I was eligible in that time frame for $800 trade-in credit per device traded. She transferred me to the Internet department because it was an online order. From there I was transferred to customer care department and spoke with Tony who told me that he credited $800 for each device/line, stating that each of the iPhone 13’s have a promo correction of $800 per device.

I checked our Verizon bills and there was no $800 promo correction applied to three out of the four lines/devices.  $650 trade in credit for 3 lines and $800 for the fourth line.  $800 credit was adjusted for one line.

On February 15 I called Verizon at 11 AM and spoke with “Naval” for One hour and eight minutes The outcome of which she told me that three of the devices were not eligible for the $800 promotion because they were iPhone XR‘s and the one device that did receive it traded in was an iPhone 11. This was incorrect as I had checked each line for trade in value, which was $800 for both IPhone XR’s and IPhone 11. I referenced the prior phone calls with Verizon and I asked to speak with a supervisor and she told me that there’s nothing more a supervisor can do above what she can do. I then asked if all the other Verizon representatives I spoke with, prior to her today were all incorrect as they all verified that each line/device was eligible for an $800 trade-in credit?  She had no response, just back to 3 lines not eligible for $800 trade in credit.

So Frustrated with Verizon because I don’t understand why it’s hard to just do the right thing. If you have a promo correction plan, then honor it. Each device was eligible for an $800 trade-in credit as I confirmed for each line and with each representative I spoke with.  A customer should not have to go through all of this!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Promo Correction
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want the trade in promotion process to be a seamless experience. It is a concern that there has been an issue for several months regarding the final answer. In order for a promotion to be added, all criteria must be met within the proper time frame. What we can do is take another look to confirm the requirements listed for the offer and if the amount can be changed. For clarification, you are expecting 3 device credits with the $800.00 offer, is that correct?  -Rita K.

0 Likes
Jim514

Yes, One device/line was changed from $650 to $800.  The other three lines were not changed.

0 Likes
Jim514

It’s been 20 days and I haven’t heard back from Verizon.  Verizon responded quickly to my initial post.  No changes made to my bill for trade in credits.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

-Hello Jim, Please DM us so we can take a look at the pending concerns.

20 days is a long time and we really appreciate your wait. Please know we are here and can reply in a matter of a few minutes.  Jose

0 Likes