Promotional iPhone Trade in with Damage?
SHAUNMT1024
Enthusiast - Level 2

If someone has pre-ordered an iPhone 7 with the current $650 iPhone promotion but their current iPhone 6 has a very small crack in the glass, not effecting the function of the phone or the screen (on one of the bottom corners, not on the display) does this reduce the $650 value? If so, by how much? Thank you for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Promotional iPhone Trade in with Damage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the best value for your phone, SHAUNMT1024. Any physical damage to the phone including what you mentioned would not qualify for this promotion. The phone would have to be free of any damage and have a perfect screen display.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I'm sure it will. It would depend on the wording of the offer, but I would think you will get next to nothing for it since it has physical damage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the best value for your phone, SHAUNMT1024. Any physical damage to the phone including what you mentioned would not qualify for this promotion. The phone would have to be free of any damage and have a perfect screen display.

JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHAUNMT1024
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Apple replaced the screen would it qualify?

0 Likes
tdperry
Contributor - Level 1

It should, as then it has no visible physical damage since the screen was replaced by Apple  If you have the Apple warranty it would probably be worth your while to do - but you only have through 09/30 to avail yourself of the $649.99 rebate promotion.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHAUNMT1024-

I know how important it is to get top dollar for your trade in! If your current iPhone was purchased through Verizon (and not through Apple), even though the screen was replaced by Apple, your device still qualifies for the trade in promotion. You can learn more about the promotion here: http://vz.to/2c1aufT. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

AmberK_VZW

SHAUNMT1024
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your input! I have to wait for my pre-ordered 7 Plus to arrive on Oct. 7th, then they are giving me 60 days to get the old 6 to them. Which is a relief as that is plenty of time to get the phone to Apple and back. Because I pre-ordered when the promotion first started they will honor the $650 even though it is after Sept. 30th Smiley Happy

0 Likes