Puerto Rico Extended
Don_Birdsong

I'm in Puerto Rico On vacation. I had called Verizon tech support to check on coverage before I left home & was told I'd have the same usage as at home But to make sure data roaming is off. Both my IPhone's are showing Extended & if I try to access the Internet or an internet usage app I get a message about data roaming turned off. I don't want to rack up data charges. Can I actually turn on data roaming without charges?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Puerto Rico Extended
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Don_Birdsong,

We hope that you are having a great trip and happy to help! You would most definitely be able to enable data while abroad as the service while in Puerto Rico would charge the same domestic rates of your current nationwide plan. You can also verify the rate information with our trip planner here http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/tripplanner/tripplannercontroller. You may notice the roaming or extended banner on some devices and this is normal, but you Puerto Rico would still be soncidered domesitc usage.
AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes