Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,246 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Question about using BOGO free iPhone for another carrier?
Sean_K_Ching
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, I’m thinking about using the upcoming buy one iPhone X get $699 off a second iPhone to essentially get a free iPhone 8 for my girlfriend. The problem? She’s on AT&T and right now it doesn’t seem like her parents want her to switch. I understand that Verizon doesn’t “lock” their phones like other carriers but what exactly does that mean? For example, if I gift her the iPhone 8, can she take it to AT&T and add it to her parent’s plan? Or does she need to sign up for Verizon? (In which case, I’d probably hold off on the deal.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about using BOGO free iPhone for another carrier?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to make sure that you have the best options available. At this time, we do not have any iPhone promotions available. Please reach back out to us often so we can take a look at what is available for you to get as a promotion!

0 Likes
SBURGESS2782

He is asking if he got a buy one get one free would he be able to use the free phone on a other carrier  seeing as the phone is suppose  to be free  it is only fair. Especiallly if he is keeping the new line active 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry we didn't answer your question, Sean.K.Ching

With any BOGO promotion, the line that has the free phone must remain active with us for 24-months. The way the promotion works is that you are billed monthly for the line and the phone, but credited the monthly payment for 24-months. Therefore, when another promotion like that comes up, you can gift it to someone on another carrier, but you will need to keep that line active on your account in order for it to remain "free". 

Please let me know if this answers your question.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes