Re: ROBO CALLS , how do I stop them?
sajc1

I have found that if you let it go to voicemail they realize it is a good number.  Then they continue to call with different numbers continuously.  If I don't recognize a number I ignore it and don't let it go to voicemail.  You may miss some calls but you don't want to get inundated with phony calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer my self, I can understand the nuisance of receiving unwanted calls, and even worst leaving a Voice Mail. Verizon Wireless offers you different options to stop these calls and text messages. Please take a moment to review the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200867/

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
Lyons7
Enthusiast - Level 1

National Call Registry only works for a short period of time.  And for most robo-calls, it doesn't work at all.

0 Likes
Lyons7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Robo-callers use familiar area codes.  So that help is a NOT!

0 Likes
Lyons7
Enthusiast - Level 1

TOTALLY AGREE!  Carreers like Verizon should provide this sercice free of charge - especially from long-time, on-time paying customers.  But, they don't.

0 Likes
Lyons7
Enthusiast - Level 1

DON'T click on the "verison' link in this article.  Just got a notice from my security app - "DANGER....".

0 Likes
Lyons7
Enthusiast - Level 1

To all Verizon customers... I found the 'free' service that Verizon offers:   https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/

0 Likes
Cher1955

Heck.....now they are leaving messages. I am 65 and have never had a student loan in my life, I continue getting these calls among others, I BLOCK them and seems like I get MORE...I have even gone to the extent of staying on the line and talking to a HUMAN, and I ask them to take me off their list, DOESN'T HELP.  If all of us are doing what we can, what in the heck are our carriers do? Maybe we need to charge back for every call we receive!

Cher1955

0 Likes
bordercop

What the heck... just got a text from Verizon that we can now control Robo calls...for Another FEE?!!  Another method to bleed us for more money when it is a problem they exasperate.   About ready to cancel my subscription with Verizon...deluge of Robo calls every dang day and these phone service providers do nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would not want to see you leave us, and we want to make sure that you're able to avoid robocalls in the most efficient way. We have great news! You can identify and avoid robocalls free of charge with our Call Filter app. Please review the information provided under the "Free Spam Protection" section through the following link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes