Random duplicate text messages.
Traffalger
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep recieving duplicate random messages after upgrading to the iPhone 6.  Most of the time it is at the time i recieve a message or mms but it has happened where it can be many hours later.  I have recieved the same message up to 5 or 6 times in one or two cases.  Any idea why this might be happening?

Labels (1)
Re: Random duplicate text messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy Friday Traffalger! We're excited to partner with you and get the duplicate texts issue resolve once and for all. Are the duplicate coming from only one contact or multiple contacts? Do you have iMessage turned on? If so, trying turning iMessage off & retest. Let us know the results.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Puggers83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having an issue with my iPhone 6 plus getting duplicate messages from others.   How do we stop it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Puggers83, Let's get your messages coming through as they should! Which message type is showing up as the duplicate? Are you using the iMessage feature when your text are duplicated? Please check your iMessage settings  to ensure they are set to your phone number, only (without the email option checked) This quick step can be helpful in getting to the root cause of this. Keep us posted!

TanishaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Puggers83
Enthusiast - Level 1

No this did not help at all.  Anyone who has an android phone I get duplicate texts from.  Only two people this happens from.    It gets old and frustrating quickly

0 Likes