Received text from a blocked party??
RottieLvr

My boyfriend and I both have an iPhone 6. His ex an android phone.

We blocked her through Verizon, as well as blocking her through the contact information on the phones.

This morning we got a text from her. We double checked, and she is still blocked through the contact information on each individual phone. I we back on Verizon, and again, she is still blocked. I did unblock all numbers listed through Verizon and readd them.

Any idea how her text was able to bypass both security blocks?

One last thing, I went into our usage on Verizon and found the record for the incoming text (matched by photo text and time stamp) and while it showed who received it - the box that should show the sender of the message is blank?? Why is this??

I'm confused how the message came through as she's not on iMessage and I'm confused why I've got empty spaces on my usage log.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Received text from a blocked party??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RottieLvr,

I understand your concerns about receiving text messages from unwanted parties. On the message that showed up on the phone, was there any mobile number identified? Did it show up blank on the phone as well?  

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RottieLvr

The text came through as if it wasn't blocked at all. The message appeared in the "messages" list with a little bubble indicating a new message.

The text was under her contact name, however, when going into the contact details it said "unblock this contact."

I want to know how both safeguards failed and why parts of my usage log are blank?

0 Likes
RottieLvr

Hello? Customer support? I provided the additional information asked, can you please answer my question?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RottieLvr,

We understand your concern not wanting to receive the messages from the party that is blocked. The party that is sending the messages could be sending them from a third party application to manipulate the block. Based on what you are stating, if all blocks are in place on the phone and on the website the messages should not go through if sending the normal way.  

TionnaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
amandacollar15

I have a number that is blocked on my husbands line, from a girl that keeps harassing. today I seen that on his phone he has a Verizon messege that said "you cannot send messeges that are blocked by the account holder" He says that he didn't send her anything. He said that he would get that same messege if SHE tried to messege him. But that does not make sence... if she tried to messege him, SHE would get the messege on her end... not on his correct??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets figure this our together, amandacollar15. Here are the facts: Customers are not notified of an attempted call from a blocked number.
For text messages from blocked numbers, the sender receives a text reply stating, "VZW FREE MSG: You cannot send messages to the destination that is blocked by the owner."
-    Customers see the subject line from multimedia messaging.
-    Outgoing calls and text messages to blocked numbers are permitted.
-    Blocking expires every 90 days unless modified by the Account Owner or Account Manager.
So with this information, if your husband was to text this person it would go through. If that person were to text him he will get the message that you saw. She would also get the message. Hope this clears things up for you.

AllisonC_VZW

0 Likes