Recent Customer Service Experience
alnewton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else had issues lately with Customer Service?
Beginning on June 1, I have been on the phone with 7 different customer service reps; been told 7 different stories about the Edge Plan; upgraded 1 device (after 3 tries) and still have not successfully resolved the second device dilemma. Each time I was on the phone, it took at least 1 hour and 25 minutes; orders placed, cancelled, re-routed, authorized, unauthorized, etc.  The worst part is that only one time in the entire 10-day ordeal did I ever get a call back from a rep.  Not once did a manager, or anyone else, ever bother to contact me to apologize or to confirm that what they said they would resolve got resolved; each story I heard contradicted the story just 24 hours earlier....I have never been so frustrated with a company - and I've been a customer for more than 15 years. If all of the kinks haven't been worked out of the Verizon 'system' for the Edge Plan, then it really shouldn't' be offered. The final straw was being told yesterday that it would be impossible for me to go to a Verizon Store and get a phone on the Edge Plan, only to be told today that because of a glitch in the 'system' the $200 credit I should receive could not be manually overridden by management and I would have to visit a Verizon Store to get the discount. Unbelievable!!!

I suppose the rep today thought she was making me feel better by telling me this problem was happening to many of her customers - it didn't.  What it did do was confirm that Verizon has the worst Customer Service policies ever - most companies would have called me back for confirmation after the first botched order...I suppose I haven't hit the magic number yet with Verizon.

Make me seriously reconsider if Verizon is the best wireless provider for me in the future...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recent Customer Service Experience
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You should browse other carriers forums as well. See how many people report poor customer service, that's always a good start to figure out if you want to trade customer service for actual phone service.

You didn't provide details of what the issue is, but it sounds like it's in the process of being worked out. Unfortunately nothing is done as instant as we want it; returned phones, reverted accounts in order to get another phone etc.

Next time I strongly suggest trying a Chat session; turn on a movie, grab a beer and then you won't feel like your time was wasted.

0 Likes
alnewton
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Verizon number is [removed]; I assume you are a Customer Service rep of some sort for Verizon. You are more than welcome to check my record - it should be clearly marked with all of the issues.  I think it is absolutely ridiculous that anyone has to spend more than one hour, not to mention no more than one  phone call, to take care of a simple issue.  Verizon spends millions on advertisement - seems like to me they could spend a bit more on training their customer service reps to tell the same story and be able to either back up what they promise or have a manager get involved.

No need to browse other carrier forums - I have been a reliable, loyal customer for more than 15 years and shouldn't have to 'shop' around for good, reliable, loyal customer service.

[removed]

“It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.”   Harry S. Truman

Personal Information removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Unless the person has VZW in their name, all the replies are coming from other customers like you and me. Don't post your personal information including your phone number, it is a public forum and will be picked up by Google and other search engines.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't work for Verizon. They supply more sugar coated answers, I however leave the sugar at home.

While you've been a customer for 15 years, you've also been given 15 years of service - you both get something out of the contract; money and phone service.

As I said, you didn't provide details of the issues and it sounds like they aren't anything this peer to peer community could help resolve, so please don't oblige.

I couldn't agree more about Verizon's lack of training, I say it on an almost daily basis. You'll get different answers from everyone you talk to, which is why I use Chat and why I contact them several times about 1 thing. It's also why I'm not all that disappointed when Verizon lets me down; I half expect it, or rather 75% of the time expect it.

0 Likes
alnewton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you

Allison L. Newton | Coordinator of Proposal Development

Institute for Research and Collaboration

Jacksonville State University

Jacksonville, Alabama 36265

Office: (256) 782-5108   | Fax: (256) 782-8146  | Email: anewton@jsu.edu

“It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.”   Harry S. Truman

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You know what they say about those who assume.

0 Likes