Replaced iPhones are not locked
iphone6suser

This discussion is happening in Apple forums: SIM NOT VALID | Apple Support Communities

I had a similar experience. Luckily an Apple engineer is helping me but took a loooong time to get to the person who understood the problem.

Apple support initially asked me to restore the phone and Verizon could not understand

a. You should have activated and used  your verizon phone

b Have a iPhone 6s that you want add iPhone 6s.6

c. *You should have replaced the iPhone 6s - Let call this iPhone 6s Original and new one iPhone 6s New

d. You inset he foreign sim card and observe the message "Sim no valid"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replaced iPhones are not locked
iphone6suser

This discussion is happening in Apple forums: SIM NOT VALID | Apple Support Communities

I had a similar experience. Luckily an Apple engineer is helping me but took a loooong time to get to the person who understood the problem.

Apple support initially asked me to restore the phone and Verizon could not understand why my phone is locked.

It is tricky - my device was unlocked domestically and locked internationally.

To see if you are affected, you must satisfy the following:

a. You should have activated and used  your Verizon iPhone

b. Apple should have replaced your iPhone (reason does not matter)

- Let call iPhone Original and new one iPhone New

c. You inset the foreign sim card into iPhone New and observe the message "Sim no valid"

The reason, when Apple replaces the phone the "policy" of iPhone Original does not carry over to iPhone New. It does not matter iPhone 6, 6s or whatever.

Hopefully, Apple and Verizon can resolve this quickly. Otherwise you will be stranded when trying to use the local number

0 Likes