Replacement phone - iCloud Backup problem
DLWnwks

As I was setting up a replacement phone, I rest and erased all content and settings from my old phone and deleted it from the Find My iPhone. I now can't backup to iCloud under manage storage as both devices are listed and I can't delete old backup. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replacement phone - iCloud Backup problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DLWnwks, you came to the right place for help and let's work on deleting this back up that you no longer need. Please go into Settings > iCloud > Tap on Storage > Manage Storage > Touch on the backup you want to delete and you should see the Delete Backup option at the bottom.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DLWnwks, you came to the right place for help and let's work on deleting this back up that you no longer need. Please go into Settings > iCloud > Tap on Storage > Manage Storage > Touch on the backup you want to delete and you should see the Delete Backup option at the bottom.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DLWnwks

Thanks, I tried multiple times with no results and waited overnight and it worked first thing this morning.  Maybe it was a Halloween thing 😉

I have my phone plugged in - what do I need to do to get it to initiate a backup to iCloud as it is not starting automatically. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
DLWnwks

It finally worked.

Thanks!

0 Likes