Reset ipad now cannot get text on iphone
iamadavid

Hi I recently reset my ipad back to factory settings and once restored and Message+ set back up I can't receive text on my Iphone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reset ipad now cannot get text on iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly odd, iamadavid. What happens when someone tries to send you a text since the restore? Are you able to send text from your iPhone? Do iMessages seem to work at all?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iamadavid

The restore is what caused the issue, from what I gather imessage was causing the issue on the ipad it must have gotten out of sync. Like I said before I could send out text fine using the application however when someone would reply it would not display in the application only the IOS's native application for text messages. I disconnected both devices through the message+ app and reinstalled on the iphone and I could only get messages it seems from non apple devices which brought me to the conclusion it had something to do with imessage.

I visited a verizon store yesterday and the Customer Service Representative checked settings on my iphone shrugged his shoulders and basically said it was an apple issue and that I should just delete the application and consider using the native text message app going forward. So he got me out of his face and I was able to get text messages which was really the goal in both our worlds. I just liked the verizon app and didn't want to see it go.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iamadavid, I want to make sure that you can use the message app of your choice without any issues. So for testing and troubleshooting, were you able to uninstall the Message+ application from both the tablet and the iPhone. Once uninstalled, go back into the Apple Store, re-download the Message+ app to the iPhone. Once that is downloaded and set up, do the same steps with the tablet. Then, re-test the application out. Please keep us posted. 

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes