Return Phone Missing at UPS Location in Fort Worth TX
wcorrea
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered online an Apple iPhone 13 # via the Verizon website. I got my new phone delivered with the prepaid UPS Label to send my trade-in phone ($550 trade-in value) according to the purchase agreement.  I sent the old phone, and the UPS tracking log shows that the phone arrived at the UPS facility 12 days ago

I called UPS and nobody knows where the package with that tracking number is. 

Should Verizon contact directly UPS since Verizon is the package label owner.? 

In the meantime, since Verizon had not received the phone, then no credit yet to my account. 😞

Anyone having similar issues returning their phones to the Verizon Return Processing Center in Fort Worth TX or Missing the package at the UPS facility in Fort Worth? 

Re: Return Phone Missing at UPS Location in Fort Worth TX
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@wcorrea ,

It's great to know that you've been following the progress of your trade-in. If it has stopped showing any progress when on the way back to us, that would definitely be something we need you to contact us for as soon as possible, as we have our own process for this sort of situation. Please send us a Private Note to continue. -Russell

0 Likes
dnyedy
Enthusiast - Level 2

same problem.   returned unopened, sealed by Apple iphone 14pro to Ft Worth facility and was received and signed for by Mr/Mrs Long at 7:12am on 03/13/23 and hasn’t been credited to my account as of 03/29/23.  Obvious theft ring at this facility and would advise everyone to not ship using Verizon return label. I had initially tried to return to the local Verizon store but was refused because they were a contractor and not actually Verizon.  The nearest Verizon corporate is 200+mile drive so on advice from Verizon rep via chat, shipped using Verizon return label.   I’m on the hook for $1137 which includes an upgrade fee for an account that hasn’t changed because I kept my old phone.

Have had a Verizon account since late 80s including the land line but am looking at alternatives because of this situation . Verizon definitely needs to vet their employees better

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dnyedy, we can understand your concern regarding a returned device that was not received. We are happy to take a look at details. Please respond to the Private Note. 

*Joshua

dnyedy
Enthusiast - Level 2

it was received Joshua… your employee signed for it

Re: Return Phone Stolen From VZ Fort Worth TX
DisappointedVZFamily
Enthusiast - Level 1

Similar situation as you.  Which as I research more and more appears to be a significant problem that Verizon has known about for years based on the number of online complaints re this circumstance and facility.

My daughters iPhone 12 256 GB phone, in the original packaging was shipped back to Texas for a $700 credit on her line in our family plan.  Why shipped back versus processed in the store you may ask?  Well it was, but VZ Wireless has farmed out many of its stores to contractors now, and rather than credit your phone trade immediately they give you a label and force you to send it to a processing center.   In our case we had to ship it to Ft Worth TX (with their label, which only has $100 insurance as well!).

It was received by Long @ FT Worth, confirmed via UPS, the morning of June 27.   Received, but never credited and processed.  After a few days, I started to get nervous, as you only have 30 days to get the credit on the trade-in (which understandably required reflecting its receipt).  So I started reaching out to customer service.   I was finally fortunate enough (after spending many, many hours on hold or being bounced around the system) to get to speak to a couple of customer service representatives who tried to be very helpful.  One was able to take the UPS information I provided and confirm (as I could see on the UPS site) that not only had the device been received but that it should be processed in 24 to 48 hours.  I even received a specific email that noted it had been received from VZ customer service.

A week passed, with no change in our account.  No credit, no processing at intake in Fort Worth.  So I reached out again, taking hours to navigate the online system before finally getting to chat (in text form only) with a supervisor.  After working to help me, she said that it had been discovered that the box UPS delivered “had nothing in it”.   Funny since UPS said that little cardboard box with nothing in it weighed 2 pounds when it was shipped to you!  Fascinating that  wasn’t the case a week before when VZ investigated.  Fascinating that no one reached out when this discrepancy was “discovered”.  Fascinating that they told me to have UPS look into it and file a claim there- when UPS advised upon attempting to file a report that I was not the sender (since I had received the label from Verizon Wireless) and therefore I could not initiate an investigation.   Fascinating that VZ Wireless would rather challenge a 25 year customer of Verizon with total of four lines who dutifully renews every year and makes no requests, than  admit that you have a documented theft problem in Fort Worth.

I gave the representatives of Verizon the SIM of the iPhone 12 they lost and asked them to ping the phone and track it down to prove where it went. . . BUT VERIZON WIRELESS SAYS THEY DON’T HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THAT.  Fascinating, I kind of thought they did.

I am filing a police report involving grand theft and am filing complaints with both the FTC and BBB if I don’t hear from Verizon by Monday, July 10th and get our $700 credit for our phone as promised.  My original  internal ticket # for investigation (when they confirmed you had the phone and everything would be resolved in 24-48 hours) is *****.

25 year customer.  Now contemplating working actively to make my 2000 employee company reconsider using Verizon as their wireless carrier.   And we refresh 1200 phones every 2 years.  Treat your customers better Verizon.  Perfection is not expected, but have the decency to admit your “issue” and to resolve it.  That’s all anyone asks.

0 Likes
Re: Return Phone Stolen From VZ Fort Worth TX
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, DisappointedVZFamily, and thank you for reaching out with regard to your missing device. I'm sorry to hear you had to reach out multiple times about this issue as we do want to ensure that this concern is resolved for you. Please know we do appreciate your 25 years of loyalty and are here to help. So we can best assist, I will be reaching out via Private Note.

-Lauren

0 Likes
Mimi1970
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Sent back an iPhone 11 for trade in, using VZ provided box and label on 7/28. I have called twice after receiving a text stating they have not received the trade in. According to UPS tracking, package delivered 8/1, signed for by Long, left at dock. I was assured they are doing all they can to find it. At this point I am tempted to call UPS myself. I won't jump to conclusions but perhaps Mr/Ms Long is taking these phones for their own profit. I don't know. But there's clearly an issue. I fully expect VZ to come back and say it's just lost and I'm on the hook for the $700 trade value while I try to track it down with UPS, which really should be their job. Beyond frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly would share your same concerns if I had shipped a device back via UPS, and it was missing, Mimi1970. We definitely want to see how we can help find a solution. Please be on the lookout for a private note from us, so we can help

-Joseph

0 Likes