Ring back tones??
hannahlee505

Hello! I have had a ring back tone for my number for many years and never had any problem. About a year ago I got a new phone and my old ring back tone expired. I purchased it again and tried for 2 days to set it as my default ring back tone and it will not work, yet I still get charged for it every month. It will not change from the classical sounding standard Verizon ring back tone. I went in to my local Verizon store and they couldn't help me. I've even tried purchasing a different ring back tone from my original one and it still will not change, even though it shows as my default. I call from a friend's number and it still plays the standard ring back tone. I have gone in and assigned the ringtone to a specific contact and it worked, but It will only play for that contact. I would just like to have the same ring back tone for anyone who calls?? Please help! Especially since I have been paying for it for almost a year now! Thanks! iPhone 6

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ring back tones??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be happy to address your question. We'd like to get some more information from you. Was your previous device an iPhone? Also, what method did you use to download the ringback tone? Please let us know so we can further assist you.

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hannahlee505

Hello! Thank you for the response. I have had everything from a razr to a black berry, lg to Samsung, and they have all worked. My very last phone was an iPhone 5. My new phone that doesn't play the ring back tone is an iPhone 6. I have tried almost every method to change it. I've tried on the mobile website, the app, online on a computer, and I even went in and tried to have my verizon store fix it for me and nothing has worked. As stated, it works when I assign it to a specific contact but that is it. I would just like it to play for everyone! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to elaborate! Are you able to set a "default" Ringback Tone with My Settings on the Ringback Tone website? Just want to ensure that the Verizon Ringback tone is not the default.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hannahlee505

Yes, I have two songs that I have purchased as ring back tones. It will let me set them as default and they will show as the default, but then I will call my phone from a different number and it still plays the old Verizon ring back tone. Even though it lists my song as the ring back tone.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hannahlee505

Ringback tones can be a lot of fun. When setting them up, there are quite a few options to choose from. Something I have seen before is having the days of the week set up for a different Ringback tone from what you set as “Default”. Please check to ensure you do not have any day’s of the week set up (you will be able to delete them if they are).

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hannahlee505

I have the song I want set as the ring back tone every day. It still will not change

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This Ringback tone issue is certainly strange Hannah. Please ensure that you are managing your Ringback tones as per number three under Using Ringtones and Ringback Tones at this link: http://spr.ly/6584BpzGM

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shellybug1971

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I'm having the same problem. I followed all of the advice in this thread to no avail. Smiley Sad

0 Likes