Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ringtones
Norman1952

How do you put ring tones on the IPhone 6s?  Also music when someone calls you?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ringtones
Salisbury

This is a link from a Verizon answer today. It is loaded with mostly incorrect information. I responded with correct information in how to use Apple's software iTunes with what the person was trying to do [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . I've participated in Apple's own forum since 1998 and have never seen that done. Apparently Verizon will intentionally force incorrect information on customers rather than easily acknowledge a error or mistake. So I don't think I can provide you proper info, good luck.

How do I use a song I downloaded as a ringtone?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

You can use iTunes to create your own ringtones with music that you either purchased from iTunes or that you imported into iTunes. The info on that link is only partially correct (yes you can purchase ringtones on iTunes) but it's not the only way to create ringtones. If you do an Internet search you will find numerous tutorials on how to do it. If the correct answer was already deleted it might be your best method of finding the info yourself. I know I have posted info on how to do it on here in the past but that was so long ago I couldn't direct you to the threads where I listed details. It's not difficult at all but it's easier for you to follow step by step tutorials when you're first learning how to do it.

0 Likes
Salisbury

Norman1952, the easiest way would be to purchase ringtones from Apple. But to create them yourself would be more enjoyable, and actually fun to do. This link has great instructions on how it's done but may take a little practice. It is very informative because there are a few steps that are easy to miss, like create ACC version which is hidden in iTune preferences, changing extension from M4a to M4r, etc.etc.

If the video doesn't play after the ad you'll need to click on the button on the left twice. It mentions iTunes 10 but will work the same with itunes current version 12.

Create free ringtones with iTunes 10 video - CNET

0 Likes