SIM Card Swapping
HLM1

I currently have an iPhone 5s and plan on purchasing a new iPhone 7 or 8.

I would like to know the details of swapping the SIM card.

I kayak and would like to take the old iPhone 5s when I do so.  Is it as simple as just taking the SIM card out of the new iPhone and putting it in the old 5s?

If so, is it adviseable to do this?  Do I risk wearing out the receptacle buy removing/inserting the SIM card repeatedly?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM Card Swapping
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The current SIM card in the iPhone 5s is a nano SIM card that will also fit into the new iPhone 7 or 8. You don't need to activate the SIM card that comes with the new iPhone 7 or 8 as you can use your existing SIM card in the new phone. Once both devices are setup you can swap between the two devices every day if you choose to.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@HLM that's an excellent question about the swapping of sim cards. The answer to your question is yes it is just as simple as taking the sim card out of the new iPhone and putting it in the old 5s, but I would recommend making sure the iPhone 7 or 8 sim card is activated before completing the swap. You wouldn't really be risking wearing out the receptacle by removing and inserting the SIM card repeatedly. Does this provide clarity? 

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The current SIM card in the iPhone 5s is a nano SIM card that will also fit into the new iPhone 7 or 8. You don't need to activate the SIM card that comes with the new iPhone 7 or 8 as you can use your existing SIM card in the new phone. Once both devices are setup you can swap between the two devices every day if you choose to.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes