SMS Group Messaging
nessyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

My text messages and only in SMS group messaging on iPhone 6s keep failing. It takes atleast 2 try again for it to actually go thru. I've done the Apple troubleshoot and it hasn't worked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS Group Messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@nessyy

It's important that you're able to successfully send a single text message to multiple recipients at once, without having to send each individual the same message multiple times.  Let's ensure this feature is working properly on your device.

When did this problem begin?  Are you connected to WiFi or do you have a LTE cellular data connection when this is happening?  Lastly, what is the exact message you receive when this happens?  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nessyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed the problem began with the 9.0 update. As I send a message and get out of the actual message a notification says Message Failed. So I go back to the conversation and theres a red exclamation point next to the message that failed. I click on the red exclamation point and try again. Sometimes it will go thru the first time others I have to hit twice for it to deliver. I updated to the 9.1 update but still happens and only in group messages to non iMessage/iPhone people. Its not every message but it is at random throughout the same conversation.

0 Likes
nessyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

It happens when im on both Wi-Fi or LTE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nessy, I appreciate you getting back to us and we are not giving up on this until we get this resolved. Thanks for all the helpful information as well. Have you reset the network settings on the device? Have you contacted Apple about this issue?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nessyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not reset the network on this device but I did on my iPhone 6 & it would still be the same issue after the reset. No I havent contacted Apple yet.

0 Likes
Jack_in_the_crack

Hi,

I am also having trouble receiving and sending out group mms. Sometimes, I do not receive any texts until hours later or the next day. I have an iphone 6s running on 9.2. This has been happening ever since the update. Is there any way to fix this since I do not want to be excluded from what's happening in my group messages?

0 Likes