SMS texts not sending on iPhone 6
SLEF99

Hello, need some help!! I just got my iPhone 6 and it's worked perfectly until today. I can't send SMS (green) txts. I can receive them but can't reply. I can send & receive iMessages though. It happened right after I recieved a picture txt from a non-iPhone user that wasn't in my contacts. I've checked all my settings and everything appears to be right. It was working just fine one minute & then suddenly, after receiving the picture txt, I haven't been able to send any SMS texts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS texts not sending on iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your messages working how they should be, SLEF99! What error do you get when trying to send a text? Please try clearing your message threads. Then try Resetting Network Settings. http://vz.to/1wPyeVu

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SLEF99

Thanks VanessaS_VZW.... The error message I was receiving was "Not Delivered".  I live in Canada and was at home last night and connected to the ROGERS Network when I was having difficulties.  Although it was working fine for the first 2 hours at home, it suddenly stopped and began giving me the "Not Delivered" error message.  Once I crossed the border into Michigan for work this morning and connected to the VERIZON Network, I was again able to send messages.  I will try your recommendation above (Resetting Network Settings) if the same should happen tonight when I return home from work.

0 Likes
SLEF99

Help!! I'm back home in Canada and as soon as I connected with ROGERS Network, I lost the ability to send SMS texts. I tried resetting the Network settings without success. Please help. I've only had this phone for 1.5 weeks and it only started having problems yesterday. 😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SLEF99!

I apologize for the inconvenience and thanks for details! Based on your description the issue appears to specifically related to ROGERS network since you were abel to send/receive messages when you connected to the VZW network. Have you had an opportunity to contact ROGERS network in effort to identify if they are experience some service issues in the area?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SLEF99

Hello, so my story continues. I drove into a part of my city that still picks up the Verizon Network, close to the border between Canada & the USA. My phone began to work normally again. When I left that area and drove further into Ontario, I started to pick up the TELUS network automatically. I've been fine ever since. Is there a way to pick which network my phone will switch to when I leave the Verizon network coverage area? My iPhone 5 never gave me this issue.... Any idea why? I've been with Verizon for 7 years now and haven't experienced this before.

0 Likes