Scammed
michaelb0315

Usually I am not one to do this, it even took me an hour to figure out how to.  Recently I contacted an online chat rep to discuss merging my girlfriend's cell phone plan onto mine.  After talking with the rep she said that I can merge her onto my plan using the More Everything plan with more data than her and I had at the existing time.  The rep told me it would be 110$ a month total for our monthly bill, i was so shocked i re-asked twice, (Wait so It will only be 110$ a month when every month MYSELF would pay 115$?) She said yes it is our more everything package that would be the total not counting TAX at the end of the month.  So I was fully onboard and told her to sign me up!  The online rep said I had to wait until the beginning of the following month because my girlfriend was on the edge program.  After our time was up I went to the local Verizon store and showed him the chat between me and the online rep and he said absolutely its our new plan we have going all you will have to pay at the end of the month would be the 110$.  Before we leave my girlfriend goes are you sure that is all we will have to pay, that is a lot cheaper than our previous bills.  He said absolutely.  I receive my next bill with her on my cell phone bill for one whole month and it is $256!  I call verizon and they say that it would only be for the first month because of the prorated rates. Ok that's fine.

This coming month my bill is already at 220$ and we still have three weeks left.  I did not go over on any usage. 

So once again I sit on the phone for almost two hours explaining my case, just for them to tell me that the representatives made a mistake and my bill will be $200.00 every month.  They say they will look up the chat to see when the rep told me that, supposedly they found the chat but their computers can not see what was written in the chat.  I then tell them I have the chat saved on my computer just for them to tell me they would not be able to discount my rates anyway.

I didn't mean to waste anyone's time, I just don't want to have any other couple that is looking to save money by merging their cellphones to get scammed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Scammed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

michaelb0315

Combining accounts should lead to great savings. I would be concerned too if this had happened to my account. We would be happy to help you here. Please share some additional information. What plan were you on before? What plan are you on now (More Everything or the New Verizon Plan)? How much data are you getting? Do you each have device payments? How much are they?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
michaelb0315

I just got off the phone with customer service rep for 2 hours, I rather drop it. We will be looking for services elsewhere. Thank You for your return email.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The only way your bill could be that high with only 2 lines is if you both have edge payments every month (iPhone seems to have the highest payment) and a ridiculous amount of data. 10+GB.

I'd want to at least make sure I'm not being over charged.

0 Likes
michaelb0315

That was not the issue….we purposely asked more than one representative from Verizon how much our total bill will be and they said $110. My girlfriend has the edge plan with a samsung and we have 10 GB on the more everything plan. I just don’t understand why they weren’t truthful with us from the beginning. After we asked them multiple times what our final payment at the end of the month will be. And than today in the chat Payton one of the online chat reps admitted that we were not receiving our discounts. I feel like we were taken. Especially when you sit on the phone for 2 hours just for someone to tell you that their representatives must have overlooked a few charges when breaking down the totals for me. Not one representative, three.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

We have been seeing a lot of reps quoting the price of phone service, and "forgetting" to add in the cost of the phone. It allows them to be technically correct, but ethically challenged.

Your phone service is $80 for 10 GB, and $20 for each line - or a total service cost of $120. You must have high end phones then for the cost to get up to $200 - about $40/month device payments.

On one hand I have seen this enough in the quotes from reps that management needs to stop the practice, I agree with you there. On the other hand, if you were paying $115, and your girlfriend about $100, you are no worse off.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

While that wasn't the issue, making sure that incorrect charges isn't part of the issue is just something I'd want to verify if it were me. Still your bill has some questions even though it's not the amount you were told.

$80 - 10GB

$20 - Girlfriends Phone

$26 - Girlfriends Device Payment (this is assuming it's the S6 Edge)

$40 - Your line access fee if you're on a 2 year contract

$166

You also said "This coming month my bill is already at 220$ and we still have three weeks left" Which is confusing because your bill is only generated once and your payment is for the next billing cycle.

There are just some holes in all of this that I would think need looking into. While it will never get your monthly payment down to $110, it might could make it lower if something is incorrect OR if you could move to a different plan etc.

rcschnoor
Legend

It seems you are unaware how much the different portions of your bill cost.

You may have asked "are you sure it will only be $110" but did you also ask "the data portion alone is $80, how can I get 2 line access fees AND a phone payment added to that and ONLY add up to $110?????" I can't imagine how they could possibly give you an answer to that question which would NOT raise red flags and STILL come up with ONLY a $110 monthly payment!!!!

Did you ask for a breakdown of how they got to that number???

Was it worded in a fashion so that ONLY the service portion of your bill would be $110??? $80 for data and 2 x $15 line access fees if you are both on Edge or your line is out of contract would bring the SERVICE portion of your bill to $110. That would make a statement such as "the monthly cost of your service would be $110" COMPLETELY ACCURATE while your actual bill could be much higher if you were making 2 Edge payment IN ADDITION to your service cost. Insurance would ALSO make the bill higher if you/your girlfriend has it on their line.

You say your monthly bill BEFORE was $115. What was the breakdown of that bill? How much data? Phone payment? Line access fee? Insurance?

When you were told the NEW bill would be $110 with an ADDITIONAL line access fee, a phone payment and MORE data when you CURRENTLY pay $115, you should have asked for a breakdown of how they arrived to that amount.

0 Likes