Selling iPhone 5
jrmutley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6. When my 6 arrived, it had a sim card already installed. However, to activate the phone I needed to take my old sim out of my 5 and use it in the 6. Do I now just dispose of the sim that came with the 6 and sell my 5 without one?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Selling iPhone 5
Snn5
Legend

Sell WITHOUT sim.  I'd keep it, but you can destroy it.  If it had any subscriber info on it, it supposedly becomes useless after 30 days, but if in doubt, melt it in clorox or cut it up. 

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

It's possible to use your present SIM.  Hold onto both till you successfully get the new phone activated and working.  The SIM can be disposed of, or hold onto it in case you need a replacement later.  SIMs are free, but having one right there close by is easier than waiting for a delivery or going to a store.

0 Likes
jrmutley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've already activated the new phone with the old sim (it's been active and working well for over a month). I'm just curious what to do with the new sim (i.e. if I just need to toss it or is there some reason to keep it) and do I sell the old phone without a sim? Since they are free, as you said in your response, than I guess that I do sell it without. Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sell WITHOUT sim.  I'd keep it, but you can destroy it.  If it had any subscriber info on it, it supposedly becomes useless after 30 days, but if in doubt, melt it in clorox or cut it up.