Sending text messages v-e-r-y slow since IOS9 update
Bearwayne

My family member has had problems with his iPhone 5s ever since he updated to iOS 9 and then to iOS 9.01.  After multiple calls to Verizon and to Apple, he is able to receive calls (it wouldn't ring before this) but still has the problem that text messages take 15 - 60 minutes to send.  Odd thing is that I will receive a text from him long before his phone indicates that it has finished sending. We do not have an Apple Store in my town, but Apple referred him to a an authorized repair center today.  They said there is nothing wrong with the phone and told him to contact Verizon Tech Support because it is a Verizon problem.  How do we get in touch with them?  Also, he is having problems with rapid battery discharge which was not occurring with IOS 8.4.1.

Thanks in advance for your help!

BF

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sending text messages v-e-r-y slow since IOS9 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bearwayne, texting is a very important form of communication. Certainly we can't have delays. We would certainly want to take a closer look to resolve this. I have sent you a Private Message to assist further.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Sending text messages v-e-r-y slow since IOS9 update
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure if doing so will address his issue but another iOS update came out yesterday. He could try updating to see if that helps.

0 Likes