Separate Apple Watch account - employer phone
Maroosk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I suspect that my situation is not unique...I want a LTE Watch. My current Verison phone is supplied by, billed to, and paid by my employer. I am fortunate to work for such a great company. Understandably, they will not permit any billing to their corporate account for a LTE Watch for personal use Nor can I make a business case for such an arrangement. Nor or am I paying the costs for a separate unneeded iPhone just so I can link an LTE Watch.

I can link an LTE Watch to my company phone, but not invoice to that account. I do hope Verizon considers separate billing options so I can pay for Watch LTE access direct from a credit card.

i do have an iPad with a Verizon account, maybe I could bill to that account someday?

Signed - Serious LTE Watch envy.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Separate Apple Watch account - employer phone
Maroosk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I should clarify my current “company phone” is an iPhone 7.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maroosk,

I can definitely understand your desire to have the new Apple Watch. I also understand that you don't want to pay for an unneeded iPhone line. I'm confident if we make such changes in regards to having the ability to bill specific lines to another account, you'll be alerted. 

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

MaiTaiGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same situation here.  My employer provides an iPhone 7 Plus and we are on a Custom Business 10GB plan.  I would be more than happy to pay out of pocket for this, my employer wouldn't / shouldn't pick up the cost I think.

It's still early, and we are all figuring this out.  But I'm sure my employer would approve the addition as long as I pay for it.

0 Likes
Bssoap74
Enthusiast - Level 1

My employer is happy to allow us to pay out of pocket for the additional line ($10/month) on our business account. We called Verizon and were told that our business plan is not compatible with the numbershare option and we can not add the Apple watch 3. This seems like a poor business decision, as both Verizon and Apple will be losing business on product sales, line sales and now have to deal with return of products, which constitute to not only loss of business, but hours spent on customer service. I really hope this changes soon.

cmarucco
Enthusiast - Level 1

I (and many others in my company of 5k employees) have this same problem.  Company pays for phone/Verizon service.  But have drawn the line at covering the $10/month watch fee.  I would like to be able to pay separately for this access instead of billing straight to corp account.  You CS rep above said this was possible.  Is it really?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon Cmarucco

I would love to clear this up. The apple watch and the qualifying iPhone would need to be on the same account. I'm not sure if your business would pay if the iPhone moved off their account. Please check with your employer. They can also tell you how to move the account into your name so you can get the Apple watch.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes