Should I get a new phone?
shaigaud
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 5c and it's probably about 6 months old, and lately I've been having problems with it. Sometimes my messages will not send and I will not receive messages, all of my apps keep crashing, my phone will keep freezing, and I've been having to restart my phone at least 3 times a day. I'm thinking of trying to replace the phone with another 5c but I'm wondering if it's worth it. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Should I get a new phone?
shaigaud
Enthusiast - Level 2

The apple store is kind of out of the way but if it's what I have to then I just might.

UPDATE: I went to the Verizon store this morning and they told me that it's because of the limited data I have (only 8 gigs), if I have too many things on my phone then it could cause these problems. It's just hard to understand because I've never had this problem before until just this week..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
doctorras
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try to upgrade, if you can, of course.

0 Likes
shaigaud
Enthusiast - Level 2

doctorras I would but I just got the last upgrade. The next one probably isn't until next year..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
shaigaud,

We don't want to see you having issues with your device, especially with a relatively new device. Let's get to the bottom of this! How much memory do you have left on your phone? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-85142/ What software version is your phone on? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-84719/
SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Weth
Legend

IF your phone is 6 months old from new, take it to an Apple Store if you have one nearby.   Make an appointment with an Apple Genius before you go.  This is best place to get warranty service.

0 Likes
doctorras
Enthusiast - Level 3

shaigaud Try what Weth suggested, that might work.

0 Likes
shaigaud
Enthusiast - Level 2

The apple store is kind of out of the way but if it's what I have to then I just might.

UPDATE: I went to the Verizon store this morning and they told me that it's because of the limited data I have (only 8 gigs), if I have too many things on my phone then it could cause these problems. It's just hard to understand because I've never had this problem before until just this week..

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Try deleting some things and see if that's helps before you make the drive to the Apple Store. 8 GB is very little and does not give much room for things. 

0 Likes
doctorras
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you do a factory reset already? Reset works most of the times (Back up all your info before you do so).

shaigaud
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently my computer is broken and refuses to download iTunes but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

0 Likes