Re: Should I get insurance on my iphone 6?
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

I won't attempt to describe all the claims that formed my opinion but suggest that you google something like "asurion cell phone insurance review " and form your own. 

0 Likes
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I looked around. It's going to turn into one of those things. Do I suck it up and go without insurance and hope for the best. Getting a Lifeproof case so that should help. But I'm so picky. It's like my luck I'll get no insurance and something awful will happen. Phone plans cost enough as it is, so trying to cut my bill down, but going iphone isn't helping lol.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

We added the insurance on my daughter's shiny new iPhone for the first 6 mos or so - then dropped it and took our chances.  That's the only insurance we've had on any of our phones in recent years.  We are careful with our phones, and if something happens, we'll deal with it.  We'll use the money we would have spent in premiums to buy a replacement phone.

0 Likes
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

Definitely makes sense. I could almost easily sell a damaged phone to someone online and they be happy with it. Then use that money to buy a new phone. It's almost like health insurance you know you need it, but when you think how much you pay and you don't use it, it kind of stinks.

0 Likes
hollywoodpr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I always recommend insurance no matter which way you go. As long as you are covered. Some people use the backup phone route but then they hate it because the backup phone is possibly outdated. INSURE

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Except with health insurance, being wrong could cost $100,000+ vs $800 for the phone.

AND you can't just go buy a new body.....