Sim-Free Unlocked iPhone 6+ A1524 on Verizon...
JLBLUE44
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello everyone i have been searching for a week now and i am unable to find a definitive answer.

i am interested in purchasing the unlocked sim-free  iphone 6 plus from the apple store. the model number is A1524. that model number claims it supports all the verizon version supports(A1522) plus more for international use. however, i have not found any verizon wireless customers posting on whether it will work on verizon 3g/4g or if anyone has activated the sim-free unlocked iphone 6/6+ yet on verizon. any help is greatly appreciated...

ps i know that the verizon version is unlocked as well but the unlocked sim-free version supports more worldwide. thank you for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sim-Free Unlocked iPhone 6+ A1524 on Verizon...
Weth
Legend

The SIM free unlocked iPhone A1524 can be activated and works just fine on Verizon.  There have been several posts on the forum confirming this.  

JLBLUE44
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you very much for your reply...i did see that people said it would show up as an unknown device with verizon though? how would that work because i pay for insurance every month with verizon? thanks again...

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The SIM free A1524 bought from Apple is white listed with Verizon's database will register with Verizon's network and show up correctly as an iPhone, not unknown device.  The unknown device problem comes in when ATT or T-Mobile 6s are put on the Verizon network.   These are not in Verizon's database.   The difference is with the Apple bought SIM free, the IMEI is registered in Verizon's database.  

JLBLUE44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weth thank you very much for your help i really appreciate it.

0 Likes