Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Single texts being sent repeatedly
leeiler

I just switched to Verizon 2 days ago and got an iPhone 6s. Today my friend told me that she got the same text from me about 25 times. What can I do to fix this?

I was having trouble on day one with the phone not syncing/updating apps, they just said "waiting" indefinitely, but didn't show up in my App Store as needing to update. I took the phone to the Verizon store who told me to go to the Apple Store. Apple's best suggestion was to just start over as a new phone, instead of restoring the backup from my previous iPhone. Is it possible that these issues are related?

Thanks for reading!

Laura

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Single texts being sent repeatedly
MiiHere
Leader

If you ported in a number, it's most likely a Verizon issue. Is it only to that one person your text messages are being sent multiple times? Usually these things work themselves out. Even as an existing customer I've had it happen to me and from me.

0 Likes
leeiler

Yes, as far as I know it's just to one person. I did port my number in.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

It could have something to do with your port, but in the past when I've had it happen to me / from me it usually works it's self out in 24 - 48 hours.

You could try powering your phone off, removing your SIM card for a minute and then putting it back in. Also make sure your old phone from your previous carrier is turned off or at least has the SIM card removed.

Another option is that it could be a problem on the other person's end - especially if it's only happening to them. They might be an extended coverage area.

Hopefully you know the person pretty well and they will bare with you. You could even suggest the SIM card removal on their end.

0 Likes