Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sister on the same family plan is getting my calls
ldefoe

OK, so I am on a family plan with me, my sister, and my parents and we all have iPhones.  just recently all calls going to my number are being recieved by both my phone and my sisters phone, I am running iOS 8 and I think my sister it too. Please help, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sister on the same family plan is getting my calls
Weth
Sr. Leader

You are sharing the same AppleID. You each should have your own AppleID and set up Apple iCloud Family Sharing so you can still share most apps without paying for each one again. This is a new feature in iOS since iOS 8. It is designed if you have an iPhone and an iPad, you can get your calls through the iPad too.

You can also go into Settings - FaceTime  and turn off Calls from iPhone

0 Likes
Re: Sister on the same family plan is getting my calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That would certainly cause issues, and unwanted calls too, Idefoe. You may have a service feature called Continuity enabled on your devices. Let's take a look and see if this is indeed the case.

If you go to Settings>FaceTime> Is the option for iPhone Cellular Calls enabled?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes