Smartwatch cellular E911 error
user1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to be a bit difficult to solve the E911 error with Verizon. I also got an E911 verification error when I entered a valid USPS address during the cellular setup process for my Apple watch. I created a ticket with Verizon. I had to check in manually on the status of my ticket. The ticket was resolved based on what the rep told me. Yet, the issue persists. 

Linking other people's issues with the same errors here:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=fals...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Smartwatch cellular E911 error
user1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got to solve my issue while talking to the support rep. 

I was able to use my brother's address, whose address was verifiable during cellular registration process from iPhone. Then I was able to immediately change it to my address by going to Account Settings -> E911 addresses once my line was activated. I assume it is not the E911 database system that does not have my address. It is just that the backend system or account-related system for cellular registration is broken.  

FYI for future customers with similar issues: it is not the rep's problem. I think this is just a process design failure from the engineering side of the house.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please reach out to us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, so we can assist.

*Harley

0 Likes
user1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reached out a couple of times. There was no resolution, and it has been a time-consuming process. 

It seems like a new ticket had to be opened for the error that was supposed to be fixed by a previously "resolved" ticket. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there! I appreciate your response. We apologize for any inconvenience. I'm certain, I can help. Please send me a Private Message from your Facebook profile, or a DM from your Twitter profile, so I can review your account for you.

*Ana

0 Likes
user1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello @vzw_customer_support , 

I am sorry for the dumb question. How do I reach you directly with a Private message from my account? 

These are the two tickets that were created:

NRB000011058515 <- closed 

NRB000011062044 <- open. 

I would like to confirm that the ticket was created by someone who knows the resolution. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! I'm happy to clarify. The agent who created the ticket would not be the person to work on the ticket. These tickets are escalated to our offline Network Team, who will notify you once the ticket is resolved. I hope this helps.

*Anna

0 Likes
user1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much! I am a bit lost why all other reps I talked to did not know the resolution. Even when I was clearly describing the issue, some reps were keep saying I need a new line to my account...  I hope the issue will be finally resolved this time. Thank you again!

0 Likes
user1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could you please tell me when I can expect the issue to be resolved? I know this correct rerouting of the ticket happened just a few days ago. I have been trying to get this issue resolved with Verizon since November 8th.  It would be great for me to know the ETA. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you get the most up to date status of the ticket that was submitted for your watch E911 error, @user1115 . I am here for support and happy to help! Please send us a Private Note to get started. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
user1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could you please remove my number from your message? 

0 Likes