Solutions for dropped calls, poor reception and data?
Nikki0722

I have been a Verizon customer for a little over a year after making the switch from a 13 year US Cellular Customer.  I have been very happy with Verizon since the switch up to recently.  I moved to a new residence where my service is very poor.  I had the iphone5c and a few weeks ago switched to the iphone6 as I was told in the store that this phone had better reception than my previous phone.  My iphone6 has worse reception than my 5c.  I use my cell phone for work as well as my home phone and internet.  With this being said, it is very important that I get service at my home.  With my iphone6 I have to walk to the road to talk on my phone and LTE data is non existant  at my home (this is very inconvenient not to mention frustrating that I have to leave my home just to use my cell).  After being on the phone with customer support I was told the only way to improve service is to spend more money and get home internet/wi-fi.  Considering I spend nearly $200 per month on cell service this just does not seem feasible for me.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can improve my home cell service? As I said, I have had no problems with Verizon in the past and really do not want to switch carriers if there is something that can be done to improve call service and data reception. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Solutions for dropped calls, poor reception and data?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You stated that you moved and this is when problems arose. It's safe to assume that the issue isn't your device but the service in your new area. That would lead me to believe that you might have to get a network extender to help if getting home internet/wifi is something you refuse to do (not sure the specifications for a network extender so don't take my word as golden). If your problems are solely at your home then I wouldn't do anything as extreme as switching service providers unless I know for a fact that another provider will give me equal service as well as in my home. It's a judgement call on your part but getting home internet might be a smart move

0 Likes