Some of my calls go straight to voice mail iphone 6?
reptevia
Enthusiast - Level 1

Some of my calls go straight to voice mail.  Do Not Disturb is disabled.  I've tried *73, *900 and *920.  Nothing seems to help.  Anyone?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Some of my calls go straight to voice mail iphone 6?
reptevia
Enthusiast - Level 1

After resetting all my settings, it now works.

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or

murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what

is.'"

AV via KV

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reptevia,

Sorry to hear that some of your calls are going to voicemail. We know DND and call forwarding are not to blame, so let's see if we can figure out what is. What zipcode are you in? How many bars (or dots) of signal do you have? What signal type do you see (1x, 3G, LTE)? Are the calls that are going to voicemail always from the same person or persons? Are the people calling that go to voicemail in your contact list? Does it only happen at certain locations or at a certain time of day?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Sanderee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same issue. I can have full bars, and calls still go to my voicemail. It's not just certain people either. Everyone keeps telling me they've tried to call but it goes straight to voicemail. Then out of the blue it'll ring like normal. I use my cell for business purposes sometimes so this is very frustrating.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sanderee1,

Got it. I can understand why that would be frustrating. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason at the moment. We'll figure it out. Have had any trouble making calls out at all? Is texting and data working ok? Go to Settings> Dellular> Enable LTE. Is that set to Voice & Data or Data Only? Next, go back one page. Is voice roaming enabled?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sanderee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not having any troubles making calls. I have had some issues with texts not going through but only to other iPhones it seems. A family member who also has an iPhone sent me this message the other day: "It's so weird, your texts are showing as your email address not your phone number and when I try to text your phone it won't go through".

Under settings, then cellular it's set to data only. Roaming is set to voice only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, Sanderee1!

Have you noticed this happening in one specific location or everywhere?  If in one area, what is the zip code of the problem location?  Have you tried removing and reinserting the SIM Card of your device http://vz.to/1FjGn9V?  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
reptevia
Enthusiast - Level 1

After resetting all my settings, it now works.

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or

murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what

is.'"

AV via KV

0 Likes
tncat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my new IPhone 6  2 weeks ago and just a few days ago all my calls have started going directly to voicemail.  Have tried all the actions mentioned here.  Aside from resetting and erasing everything, is there anything else I can try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tncat,

Look no further help is here! Being able to receive all your calls is definitely important so I completely understand how you feel.

Are all calls going straight to voice mail or is it random? Are you seeing the missed calls on your phone? I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done so far. Where are you located (zip code)? Are you able to make calls? Try resetting network setting http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-115065/ and retest. Keep us posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tncat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I Can make calls.  Zip is 37871.  It seems that all my calls go directly to voicemail except for one particular number.  When my sister calls it Rings!!  I am not kidding.  I've had numerous other people call and goes right to VM.  I've tried resetting the network settings...all the things that iPhone help said to do.   Im not seeing calls and   no voicemails are showing up. I tried leaving myself a message .. Didn't show up.

0 Likes