Someone please help!!
Jlmoeller

Ok I have read this community forum and tried everything that's been suggested. I have turned off everything in the settings tab under cellular. Everything. While doing this I cleared the stats and went to check and respond to 3 text messages. Within the 6 total messages I sent and received and going back into settings I managed to use 1.7 mb of data!? So I went to the system services tab like yall said to do. Data was charged to my mapping service. My iTunes account. And push button services. Seriously!?!! How is that even right? I just checked my messages and responded. That's it. I have free calls and texting so why do these things go on my data? I share 10gb of data with 3 other people and I am VERY cautious to not use any apps that SHOULD use data until I have wifi and yet within a week I went through 4 gigs of data! My sister and her fiancée don't use this much in a months time. Yes my job requires a lot of messaging between but it's only texts not emails. I don't understand if it's my phone that has something set wrong or if Verizon is just making the rules up as we go. My fiancée has AT&T and has no issues like this and honesty his dropped calls are about equal to mine. We have been with Verizon for about 3 years now and with the ungodly amount we pay each month one would think every button on our screen wouldn't cause us another penny to be charged. I'm so sick of the 75% data used messages when our whole family knows we haven't been online---no college classes--streaming videos---nothing! This is turning into a complete joke and I'm ready to throw in the towel and accept the AT&T phone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Someone please help!!
Countrygirl2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you Hve a newer Iphone there is something that causes this try and contact apple services it seems to be a background issue if you have done everything you know to do. If your apple updates are set as automattically that could be an issue or if you allow apps to run in the background that could be an issue I don't think its Verizon.If apple isn't able to help I highly recommend calling customers service at verizon they always have been able to help me. Hope this helps.AppleVerizon Wireless ServicesVerizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
Re: Someone please help!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived, Jlmoeller. We don't want you to throw in the towel. We're here to help. The first setting I would recommend making sure is off is the Wi-fi Assist. Here are the steps to turn this off, http://vz.to/1h2yLRL. This will ensure no cellular data is being used when connected to wifi. Data is used for apps, emails, imessages and web browsing. Do you use regular text or imessages? If you are using imessages, this will pull from your data allowance when wifi is not on. Have you reviewed your online usage through My Verizon?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes