Spam from Verizon
jumpingjackflash1

in the past week I have received numerous unsolicited texts and emails from Verizon trying to sell me additional services.  When I reply "UNSUBSCRIBE," I get add ons that I never authorized.  I have to go through multiple layers of ads to remove add ons I never authorized.  The automated phone service hung up on me three times trying to resolve this.  The Verizon website and ap are not user friendly unless you want to spend more money.  The tech support tells me not to worry that what happened can't happen.  The notice I received on August 5, 2021 was dated August 7, 2021.  It was unclear and misleading.  I have been unable to speak directly to a human or a helpful robot.  What will they add on next?

0 Likes
Re: Spam from Verizon
jumpingjackflash1

I have paid my monthly bill on time every month for over six years.  I don't know why the company treats me like this.  Disappointing.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Are you sure the texts/emails were actually from a Verizon domain and not a phishing attempt which looks like was successful since you clicked on buttons/links?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, I understand how annoying this spam can be. Please send us a Private Note, we are here to provide guidance in any way we can.

*Kerry

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hello, I understand how annoying this spam can be. Please send us a Private Note, we are here to provide guidance in any way we can.

*Kerry

Please share with this Community what was found, whether these emails/texts were, in fact, legitimate Verizon messages or phishing attempts.  Others receiving similar emails/texts may be interested.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes