Static on phone
Friggypiggy

My phone is dropping calls.  The other person is not hearing me.  And there is a lot of static.  Please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Static on phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived Kim, the VZW Social Media team is here. Let's get some additional information and we'll explore ways to resolve. When did these audio and call dropping issues start? What is your iPhone model and iOS version? What is your ZIP code? Is there any physical/water damage to the phone?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Friggypiggy

No water or damage. Iphone6. Just downloaded new iOS. Zip code 48433

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This information is very helpful Kim, thanks. Coverage looks solid in Flushing area. Do you experience dropped calls and audio issues in a particular place (home, office, school)? How many signal bars on your screen when you experience these issues? Is service better outdoors? Do experience the audio issues with specific contacts or all contacts?

In the mean time, please reset network settings as per this link and test: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-reset/

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes
jsczeb
Enthusiast - Level 3

I to have experienced random dropped calls but also had static that was sounding like a  clicking noise during calls .

All this as well as dropped calls was ridiculous, I have reset network settings, rebooted device, wiped device and setup as new to now avail. For some reason after 10+ years in the same location, VZW tells me Im in a marginal area although their network map shows 4G?

Replacing the SIM card did no good so  I immediately logged into My Verizon account on-line and looked under my line of service ...... Tab to "manage products and apps"....look for free apps tab..... Once there look for Advanced calling( previously know as HD voice)..... See if this feature is turned on for your line.... In most cases it's set by default to be on. if so,  Turn this feature OFF for your'e line....... Save changes .... Log out of My Verizon......... Wait 15 mins for VZW system to update..... After 15 mins.... Reboot you're phone or reset network settings..... I actually did both..... Afterwards problem was solved..... Vzw should know how to do this but don't. Found this to work thru months of personal trouble shooting measures. If you're in a fringe area for LTE , and this Advanced calling  feature is turned on for your line # you will have dropped calls like crazy. I personally have switched  LTE off on my phone after doing the above with no issues since.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jsczeb,we want nothing but the best experience for you. I am happy to hear that you problem is resolved but deeply concerned on how long it took to get to that point. I can assure you that we'll provide feedback to all channels with your resolution to ensure a speedy fix. Thank you for being a customer and have yourself a great week.
AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes