Stop kids from using data
jennbuck1996

How do I turn the data off on my sons iPhone 5c? We have WIFI but he keeps turning it off on his phone somehow and has taken us 5GB over our plan this month!! As mom how can I STOP his data usage after his "fair share" for the month??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stop kids from using data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping control of our little one’s devices jennbuck1996 is important. There are a few ways that you can do this on the iPhone models. You are able to turn your cellular data off completely, but they are always able to turn it back on. We do offer a feature called Family Base that will allow you to set a limit. Once this limit is reached, the only way that they will be able to use data is when they are connected to WiFi. Here is some additional information about Family Base http://vz.to/1yy9XIR

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping control of our little one’s devices jennbuck1996 is important. There are a few ways that you can do this on the iPhone models. You are able to turn your cellular data off completely, but they are always able to turn it back on. We do offer a feature called Family Base that will allow you to set a limit. Once this limit is reached, the only way that they will be able to use data is when they are connected to WiFi. Here is some additional information about Family Base http://vz.to/1yy9XIR

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
clg92
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would try family base as well. You can actual set settings to cap children on data usage and you can monitor it as well. It is 4.99 a month but i think it's totally worth it. Verizon Wireless - It's the Network

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well there are several ways.

Pay Verizon thru family base to do the parenting for you.

TAke away the cell phone.

Give them a basic phone instead.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone could also be moved to prepaid if there's no contract commitment. Use up the data, and the data will stop for the rest of the month Smiley Happy.