Suspended service
melissa_b

I am currently living out of the country and *thought* that I had suspended my services through Verizon. I did as they said and went online and suspended my account after I moved. It shows on my profile that my device is currently suspended but I'm still getting billed! How do I fix this? It was my understanding that I could suspend my account for up to 90 days at a time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suspended service
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you able to log back in and verify you are suspended without billing?

You can suspend with billing (so that you're contract doesn't get extended) or suspend without billing which will extend the contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you are enjoying your time out of the country Melissa_B. Let's get to the bottom of your account concerns. Did you suspend service online via My Verizon or through our Customer Service Team? When was your account placed on suspension? There are two options when placing your account on a seasonal suspension. First option is to suspend with billing and your contract remains the same. The second option is to suspend without billing and your contract will extend by the amount of time service is suspended. The line of service can be suspended for 90 days maximum per instance, 180 total days in any 12 month period.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
melissa_b

Hi Michelle,

I suspended services online in July (somewhere around the 7th or 8th I believe). However, I don't remember there being an option to suspend it without billing. And, if there had been the option, I definitely would have chosen that. I went back and reactivated my account then suspended it again and this time I saw the message about suspending without billing and selected that. I don't know if at the time that I was first trying to suspend my account there was a system error or just an error on my part. I have corrected it now though it would be nice to not have had to pay for 2 months of service that I wasn't able to use.

I do have a question though about what happens when I reach the 180 day limit. I'm going to be living out of the country for 3 years. I don't want to lose my U.S. telephone number as I have had if for almost 15 years and I will still travel to the States at least once a year and would like to use that number during the time I am there. Will I have to activate my account and pay for it even though I won't be able to use it?

Thank you for your help,

Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

melissa_b, we want you to provide you with the best options to manage your account when leaving the country. You have the option of suspending your service for a maximum of 180 days in a 365 day time period. Once you have reached that maximum of amount of days, your line will automatically be reconnected and billing will resume. As a result, you would be required to pay the monthly access fee once the line is reactivated.

For more details regarding suspending your line, click http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes